Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,291 Members 47,543 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy S5 Stuck in Infinite Recovery Boot Cycle

Tip us?

TechxCentral
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Galaxy S5 Stuck in Infinite Recovery Boot Cycle

I have had my S5 for two days now. I haven't done any modifications to it and have kept it completing stock. I was browsing the internet in Chrome when I got a notification saying there was a security breach and that the phone needed to restart in order to undue any changes made. So I pressed the restart button and it started to restart normally until I saw in tiny blue text "RECOVERY BOOTING....", I didn't think much of it until nothing started to happen after a minute. I let it go for another 5 minutes and then 15 minutes. I came back and still it was at the same screen. I decided to turn the device off and on to see if that would do anything, nothing happened. I took the battery out and waited a few minutes to put it back in, again nothing new. I was looking into other threads about this happening to other phones because the S5 is so new there is nothing on it doing this. But I found no useful information. So my question is, how can I fix this? I don't mind having to reset it, there's only a few apps installed. I'm tech savvy, so I'll now what you mean if you give me any tips. Thank you!

ra_eng
Old
Thanks Meter 93
If doesn't matter if you lost the installed apps, then boot to recovery and choose wipe data reset factory and then wipe data cache.then restart your mobile it should solve your problem.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

TechxCentral
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ra_eng View Post
If doesn't matter if you lost the installed apps, then boot to recovery and choose wipe data reset factory and then wipe data cache.then restart your mobile it should solve your problem.

I should have mentioned this in the post but I have tried that, nothing happens. It's already trying to boot into recovery, I wonder if I can get it out of trying to do that.

ra_eng
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Try to boot into download mode then restart normally, maybe it gets you out of the recovery booting loop.

---------- Post added at 06:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 AM ----------

And if this didn't work.
I think you should download the stock rom from sammobile or samsung-updates.com sites and reinstall it again.

The Following User Says Thank You to ra_eng For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TechxCentral
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Try to boot into download mode then restart normally, maybe it gets you out of the recovery booting loop.

---------- Post added at 06:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 AM ----------

And if this didn't work.
I think you should download the stock rom from sammobile or samsung-updates.com sites and reinstall it again.

Alright so I tried putting it into download mode and restarting it from there. I got into download mode and then restarted but nothing happened. I am going to trying reinstalling the stock rom right now. Thanks for the help!

TechxCentral
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

And if this didn't work.

So I reinstalled the stock rom and now the recovery boot text is gone, but it still doesn't actually boot up into Android. Looks like I will have to take the phone back to the store and hope I can get a replacement. Thanks for your help!

paras
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Why don't u just take it for warranty.Why use a phone which has problems

Sent From HTC One Android Revolution 62.0 KitKat 4.4.2. Sixth Sense
Sony Xperia Z2 Stock 4.4.2

Nexus 5 Stock 4.4.2

Htc One M7 Android Revolution HD 62.0 Kitkat 4.4.2 Sixth Sense