Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,888 Members 36,011 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Where is Text Message Search option?

Tip us?
 
Icyman
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 66
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond
Default Where is Text Message Search option?

I don't see an option to search my text messages for specific words. I'm hoping I'm just blind so help a fellow M8'r out of this conundrum.

"where is it?" -Duke Nukem

Sorry if already covered.
 
andrewnelson
Old
#2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 384
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Dhaka
If you don't find Restore your phone.
 
runandhide05
Old
#3  
runandhide05's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,435
Posts: 2,778
Join Date: Apr 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icyman View Post
I don't see an option to search my text messages for specific words. I'm hoping I'm just blind so help a fellow M8'r out of this conundrum.

"where is it?" -Duke Nukem

Sorry if already covered.
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1397361032023.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	2683055
There^
Then start typing your keyword
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1397361013115.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	2683053

sent from(:::::
 
Icyman
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 66
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond
Quote:
Originally Posted by runandhide05 View Post
Attachment 2683055
There^
Then start typing your keyword
Attachment 2683053

sent from(:::::
Is that the default sms app? Mine looks different. My default app says Verizon in top left.
 
runandhide05
Old
#5  
runandhide05's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,435
Posts: 2,778
Join Date: Apr 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icyman View Post
Is that the default sms app? Mine looks different. My default app says Verizon in top left.
That is the default htc messages. Vzw added their own also which should sounds like your using. Hop to the settings clear default of the vzw messages app and it should ask next time what massager app u want to use. Then Choose the standard messenger app


Or go to settings. Click more. Then click default sms app and choose messages.

sent from(:::::
 
Icyman
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 66
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond
Quote:
Originally Posted by runandhide05 View Post
That is the default htc messages. Vzw added their own also which should sounds like your using. Hop to the settings clear default of the vzw messages app and it should ask next time what massager app u want to use. Then Choose the standard messenger app


Or go to settings. Click more. Then click default sms app and choose messages.

sent from(:::::
Got it. Thanks bro.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Schedule Is Up for xda:devcon ’14

With xda:devcon ’14 just around the corner, and the venue close to selling out, there is a lot … more

aLogcat Returns Thanks to XDA Love

The developers of Android, that is Google, gave users several great debugging tools that can be used in … more

And the Winners in the XDA Pebble Development Challenge Are…

Almost two months ago, we set out with Pebble to findthree amazing … more

MediaTek Releases Full Kernel Source for First Android One Devices

Those who might have thought that MediaTek wouldnever release working … more