Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,823 Members 42,614 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] issue getting 3g data after flash in DFS

Tip us?

slapbox1976
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] issue getting 3g data after flash in DFS

Hi

I got a verizon note 2, and can't figure out what I need to do to get 3g data to work.
I'm on the nebula rom, vruemj9 baseband. I'm thinking I need to enable nv only somehow and disable ruim but not sure what I need to do.
I flashed nv only in dfs. In fact I'm writing this post with the exact same dfs flash but its on a s3 so I believe my dfs flash in not off to far.

Do I need to mod build prop, use qpst, cdmaws ?

I would like to get rid of the insert sim message which is probably half the problem, maybe the device thinks its not provisioned.

Bonkurei
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapbox1976 View Post
Hi

I got a verizon note 2, and can't figure out what I need to do to get 3g data to work.
I'm on the nebula rom, vruemj9 baseband. I'm thinking I need to enable nv only somehow and disable ruim but not sure what I need to do.
I flashed nv only in dfs. In fact I'm writing this post with the exact same dfs flash but its on a s3 so I believe my dfs flash in not off to far.

Do I need to mod build prop, use qpst, cdmaws ?

I would like to get rid of the insert sim message which is probably half the problem, maybe the device thinks its not provisioned.
just my 2 cent, i think, it still need a sim card to be able to get the 3G, even if you set nv only. same cases like note 2 us cellular, galaxy nexus etc
just pop the verizon 4g sim card.

slapbox1976
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkurei View Post
just my 2 cent, i think, it still need a sim card to be able to get the 3G, even if you set nv only. same cases like note 2 us cellular, galaxy nexus etc
just pop the verizon 4g sim card.
Ok looks like I'll have to go get a sim, I just wish their was a way around it.

Thanks

Bonkurei
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapbox1976 View Post
Ok looks like I'll have to go get a sim, I just wish their was a way around it.

Thanks
well i never been dealing with us cdma carriers, but in my experience (flash a note 2 us cellular, galaxy nexus etc) with my country cdma carriers (indonesia) it work with every sim card i plug in, from original manufacture sim card (verizon / us cellular) to my local sim card.