Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,173 Members 41,029 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Please Help !

Tip us?
 
idCyber
Old
(Last edited by idCyber; 13th April 2014 at 06:29 PM.)
#1  
idCyber's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 471
Posts: 672
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Piatra Neamt
Unhappy Please Help !

I have the I9000 . Until this morning I haven't had any problems with my phone. I was on C-ROM KK 5.8 (not that it affects my problem) and last night I left my phone to recharge. This morning I've unplugged my phone from the wall charger and made a reboot (my morning routine). Strange thing happened. The phone went into the phone off connected to wall charger screen mode but showing that the battery is empty. I took my battery out and now every time I place it back in my phone, the screen goes on showing empty battery or it's checking for battery level, without even touching any buttons. If I try to go from that screen to make my phone boot using the power button it does not react. I can't go in recovery mode , only I can go into Download Mode from that screen. I went back to 2.3.6 JVU using Odin and rooted it, phone booted fine. Now the thing is : When I am turning off my phone the phone keeps doing that battery screen problem. It turns screen on, acts like it's in a wall charger or it's checking for battery level or something and keep showing me an empty battery for a second then the screen goes off and back on again and only way to make my phone usable is to flash using Odin , the 2.3.6 stock ROM again and not take my battery out. If I try to flash CM 11, it goes into a recovery loop (because it's changing partitions sizes and the recovery version) and I have to take my battery out and it does it again. If I turn my phone off, my phone does it again and only way to boot it is to flash something from Odin so it forces it to boot.

Please Help ! What could be the problem and it's there a way to fix it?

Edit: I've been using my phone for an hour with on the Stock 2.3.6 and the battery level dropped just a bit . So The battery is not draining completely, and that fast. Also I've tried with a different battery and the problem persists. And my battery works just fine on a friend's GT-I9000. I've also successfully flashed Mackay CM9 2014 1.7, the situation didn't change. Also tried with Samsung 2.3.6 JW4
Asus Google Nexus 7 2013 16GB (WiFi)

ROM: Cyanogenmod 11 Nightly
Kernel: Stock CM
CPU Frequency: 384-1512 MHz
Governor: Interactive
Scheduler: ROW

Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 8GB MoviNAND

ROM: Cyanogenmod 11 Nightly
Kernel: Stock CM
CPU Frequency: 200-1000 MHz
Governor: Interactive
Scheduler: ROW

If my post helped you, please consider hitting the Thanks button on the bottom left. Try it, it doesn't hurt !
 
kasper_h
Old
#2  
kasper_h's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 15286
Posts: 5,090
Join Date: Oct 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by idCyber View Post
I have the I9000 . Until this morning I haven't had any problems with my phone. I was on C-ROM KK 5.8 (not that it affects my problem) and last night I left my phone to recharge. This morning I've unplugged my phone from the wall charger and made a reboot (my morning routine). Strange thing happened. The phone went into the phone off connected to wall charger screen mode but showing that the battery is empty. I took my battery out and now every time I place it back in my phone, the screen goes on showing empty battery or it's checking for battery level, without even touching any buttons. If I try to go from that screen to make my phone boot using the power button it does not react. I can't go in recovery mode , only I can go into Download Mode from that screen. I went back to 2.3.6 JVU using Odin and rooted it, phone booted fine. Now the thing is : When I am turning off my phone the phone keeps doing that battery screen problem. It turns screen on, acts like it's in a wall charger or it's checking for battery level or something and keep showing me an empty battery for a second then the screen goes off and back on again and only way to make my phone usable is to flash using Odin , the 2.3.6 stock ROM again and not take my battery out. If I try to flash CM 11, it goes into a recovery loop (because it's changing partitions sizes and the recovery version) and I have to take my battery out and it does it again. If I turn my phone off, my phone does it again and only way to boot it is to flash something from Odin so it forces it to boot.

Please Help ! What could be the problem and it's there a way to fix it?

Edit: I've been using my phone for an hour with on the Stock 2.3.6 and the battery level dropped just a bit . So The battery is not draining completely, and that fast. Also I've tried with a different battery and the problem persists. And my battery works just fine on a friend's GT-I9000. I've also successfully flashed Mackay CM9 2014 1.7, the situation didn't change. Also tried with Samsung 2.3.6 JW4
Two questions for clarification:
-Do the symptoms differ depending on whether you run stock or custom ROM? Or symptoms are 100% identical?
-If you shutdown your phone, keep the battery in position and do not connect the phone to the charger, it still shows the battery-crazy stuff? Because that would lead me to believe it is a hardware thing....

If there is a difference between stock & custom:
Maybe the hardware is dealt with differently between stock & custom ROMs making it look different, but I am not sure about that. You could try whether CM7 has the problem as well, as that one had a kernel that was much closer to stock.
Galaxy S:
Mackay ROM 4: http://bit.ly/17lGtyw, with Mackay kernel: http://bit.ly/1bNIipy
Nexus 5: Nameless ROMhttp://bit.ly/1nnsDzF
The Following User Says Thank You to kasper_h For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
idCyber
Old
#3  
idCyber's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 471
Posts: 672
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Piatra Neamt
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper_h View Post
Two questions for clarification:
-Do the symptoms differ depending on whether you run stock or custom ROM? Or symptoms are 100% identical?
-If you shutdown your phone, keep the battery in position and do not connect the phone to the charger, it still shows the battery-crazy stuff? Because that would lead me to believe it is a hardware thing....

If there is a difference between stock & custom:
Maybe the hardware is dealt with differently between stock & custom ROMs making it look different, but I am not sure about that. You could try whether CM7 has the problem as well, as that one had a kernel that was much closer to stock.
Thank you for replying.

1. it's 100% identical on stock and custom ROMs only the battery icon shape is changed but the problem is the same.
2. The screen turns on by itself, without being plugged to anything.
3. Just tried CM7 and it's the same.

This is what is displayed when I put the battery and the phone is turned off, without being connected to anything. The picture is an example, found on the net, I don't have a camera to take a photo of my phone but the image shows exactly what I see for a second then it turns the screen off and back on forever, phone reacts only to download mode.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/att...185629_413.jpg
Asus Google Nexus 7 2013 16GB (WiFi)

ROM: Cyanogenmod 11 Nightly
Kernel: Stock CM
CPU Frequency: 384-1512 MHz
Governor: Interactive
Scheduler: ROW

Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 8GB MoviNAND

ROM: Cyanogenmod 11 Nightly
Kernel: Stock CM
CPU Frequency: 200-1000 MHz
Governor: Interactive
Scheduler: ROW

If my post helped you, please consider hitting the Thanks button on the bottom left. Try it, it doesn't hurt !
 
kasper_h
Old
#4  
kasper_h's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 15286
Posts: 5,090
Join Date: Oct 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by idCyber View Post
Thank you for replying.

1. it's 100% identical on stock and custom ROMs only the battery icon shape is changed but the problem is the same.
2. The screen turns on by itself, without being plugged to anything.
3. Just tried CM7 and it's the same.

This is what is displayed when I put the battery and the phone is turned off, without being connected to anything. The picture is an example, found on the net, I don't have a camera to take a photo of my phone but the image shows exactly what I see for a second then it turns the screen off and back on forever, phone reacts only to download mode.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/att...185629_413.jpg
I'm afraid this may be hardware related if the symptoms occur on different types of ROMs. The charging animation with screen off is triggered by the charging hardware of the phone, which thus seems to give wrong signals...

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus 5
Galaxy S:
Mackay ROM 4: http://bit.ly/17lGtyw, with Mackay kernel: http://bit.ly/1bNIipy
Nexus 5: Nameless ROMhttp://bit.ly/1nnsDzF
The Following User Says Thank You to kasper_h For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
idCyber
Old
(Last edited by idCyber; 14th April 2014 at 08:55 PM.)
#5  
idCyber's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 471
Posts: 672
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Piatra Neamt
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper_h View Post
I'm afraid this may be hardware related if the symptoms occur on different types of ROMs. The charging animation with screen off is triggered by the charging hardware of the phone, which thus seems to give wrong signals...

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus 5
Thank you for your help and clearing it for me that it is not a software issue. Guess you are right it's a hardware problem probably caused by the wall charger, after 2 years of usage I think it starts to break and "took something from the phone with it as a heads up" . I have to make a visit to the "phone doctor".
Asus Google Nexus 7 2013 16GB (WiFi)

ROM: Cyanogenmod 11 Nightly
Kernel: Stock CM
CPU Frequency: 384-1512 MHz
Governor: Interactive
Scheduler: ROW

Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 8GB MoviNAND

ROM: Cyanogenmod 11 Nightly
Kernel: Stock CM
CPU Frequency: 200-1000 MHz
Governor: Interactive
Scheduler: ROW

If my post helped you, please consider hitting the Thanks button on the bottom left. Try it, it doesn't hurt !
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes