FORUMS

[Q] antivirus for android:is this really needed?

21 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Barud, Junior Member on 14th April 2014, 11:12 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi,
I am a android (nexus 5) user. I dont have much idea of how that works. But, given that it uses linux kernel, i thought its safe from antivirus(AV).
Now, my banking app has a tag up with a antivirus(barclays and kaspersky). The AV makes my wi-fi drop frequently.
Though my banking app suggest I should use the AV, do I really need that, given the fact that, I only install apps from play store (but I do surf internet a lot, see pics and pdf from net)
I am confused.
Some advice is needed

14th April 2014, 12:12 PM |#2  
Flag Dahod, Gujarat
Thanks Meter: 142

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barud

Hi,
I am a android (nexus 5) user. I dont have much idea of how that works. But, given that it uses linux kernel, i thought its safe from antivirus(AV).
Now, my banking app has a tag up with a antivirus(barclays and kaspersky). The AV makes my wi-fi drop frequently.
Though my banking app suggest I should use the AV, do I really need that, given the fact that, I only install apps from play store (but I do surf internet a lot, see pics and pdf from net)
I am confused.
Some advice is needed

antivirus is not necessary but good to use as a internet user you should use it which protect you from unauthorise access and viruses
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)