Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] antivirus for android:is this really needed?

OP Barud

14th April 2014, 12:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
More
Hi,
I am a android (nexus 5) user. I dont have much idea of how that works. But, given that it uses linux kernel, i thought its safe from antivirus(AV).
Now, my banking app has a tag up with a antivirus(barclays and kaspersky). The AV makes my wi-fi drop frequently.
Though my banking app suggest I should use the AV, do I really need that, given the fact that, I only install apps from play store (but I do surf internet a lot, see pics and pdf from net)
I am confused.
Some advice is needed
14th April 2014, 01:12 PM   |  #2  
Flag Dahod, Gujarat
Thanks Meter: 140

767 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barud

Hi,
I am a android (nexus 5) user. I dont have much idea of how that works. But, given that it uses linux kernel, i thought its safe from antivirus(AV).
Now, my banking app has a tag up with a antivirus(barclays and kaspersky). The AV makes my wi-fi drop frequently.
Though my banking app suggest I should use the AV, do I really need that, given the fact that, I only install apps from play store (but I do surf internet a lot, see pics and pdf from net)
I am confused.
Some advice is needed

antivirus is not necessary but good to use as a internet user you should use it which protect you from unauthorise access and viruses
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread