Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,356 Members 39,497 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I hate my YP-G70, nothing works right, nothing. Very frustrated!

Tip us?
 
tapia818
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default [Q] I hate my YP-G70, nothing works right, nothing. Very frustrated!

I'm very frustrated with my player, I rooted it last year and flashed Pacrom venturi 2013-11-05 JB and sultan kernel, cwm 6.0.4.4, it wasn't easy it took me like 6 hours with lots of problems but at the end it was done. Now I tried to update it to KK and I've been trying for days. The first rom I tried was Pacrom venturi 20140407 with cwm 6.0.4.4 and I think sultan kernel and I had no problems except the wifi didn't work so I didn't backup and tried to flash it again but it didn't work because status 0 and status 7 and I tried several times to no vail so I downloaded one by one all the nightlys from April some of March, some from January, the one that used to work in from november, so I tried 4.4 - 4.3- 4.2.2 - 4.2 -4.1, pacrom, slimkat, cm, beanstalk, sultan kernel, Mercurius v5, Mercurius reborn, CM kernel, KKernel, CWM 6.0.4.4, 6.0.4.3, 5.0.2.7 and non worked. I've tried flashing it like 200 times of those, maybe like 5 times was successful but as soon I flash the kernel and then restart the screen its black nothing appears, I tried the build from july and the keyboard keep on crashing, so this is some of the thing that I've experienced

Most builds won't install because errors 0 and 7
"some symlinks failed status 7"
assert failed status 7
error status 4 installation aborted
E: Error in /sdcard/"name of rom".zip (status 0)
there're more that I didn't keep track of
I re-downloaded the roms twice to make sure it wasn't because a corrupt zip

If I successfully flash a rom, once I flash the kernel and fails, I can't re-flash the same built because errors start appearing
sometimes I get different versions of CWM depending of the rom.


presently I flashed CM 10.2 20131105 venturi, android 4.3.1 and gapps from july 2013 built-in kernel version 3.0.1.101-G70UEKI8 but the capacitive buttons don't work so I tried these kernels: Mercurius_kernel_usa_v5fixed, KKernel_R2.1_usa, Sultan-kernel-Venturi-r5-USA, Mercurius_Reborn_RC1_usa, pac-cm-USKernel-Mar-03, cm-10.2-USA-Kernel-REV5 but once I restart,the screen is black so I have to do a restore to just before the flashing of the kernel but can't use it like this.


Any sugestion? Any other kernels? I'm about to give up.
 
captpete1
Old
#2  
captpete1's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 24
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cocoa
I'm on stock and love my YP-G70, everything just works and I can customize it as I like. Except for the times I load too many widgets I have no problems. I see NO reason to change to ROMs with less functionallity and lots of problems. 2.3 is THE most stable and most used version of Android. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Mine "looks" like the S4 and works like it too, why would I change? KISS
Le Pan TC-970 (Wi-Fi) (Stock OS: 2.2, BN: 4431)
Pandigital Nova (Stock OS: 2.2.1, FW: PR7W_A_BN_W_A_C_12302011)
Nexus 7 (2012) (ME370T) (Stock OS:4.4.2, BN: KOT49H)
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3113) (Stock OS: 4.2.2, BN: JDQ39.P3113UEUCMK3)
Galaxy Player 5.0 (YP-G70) (Stock OS: 2.3.5, BN: UEKI8)
DROID X2 (Stock OS: 2.3.5, BN: 4.5.1A-DTN-200-18)
ZTE Valet (Z665C) (Stock OS: 4.1.1, BN: TF_US_Z665CV1.0.0B12)

"The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time" - Abraham Lincoln
 
sabirchowdhury
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 19
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tapia818 View Post
I'm very frustrated with my player, I rooted it last year and flashed Pacrom venturi 2013-11-05 JB and sultan kernel, cwm 6.0.4.4, it wasn't easy it took me like 6 hours with lots of problems but at the end it was done. Now I tried to update it to KK and I've been trying for days. The first rom I tried was Pacrom venturi 20140407 with cwm 6.0.4.4 and I think sultan kernel and I had no problems except the wifi didn't work so I didn't backup and tried to flash it again but it didn't work because status 0 and status 7 and I tried several times to no vail so I downloaded one by one all the nightlys from April some of March, some from January, the one that used to work in from november, so I tried 4.4 - 4.3- 4.2.2 - 4.2 -4.1, pacrom, slimkat, cm, beanstalk, sultan kernel, Mercurius v5, Mercurius reborn, CM kernel, KKernel, CWM 6.0.4.4, 6.0.4.3, 5.0.2.7 and non worked. I've tried flashing it like 200 times of those, maybe like 5 times was successful but as soon I flash the kernel and then restart the screen its black nothing appears, I tried the build from july and the keyboard keep on crashing, so this is some of the thing that I've experienced

Most builds won't install because errors 0 and 7
"some symlinks failed status 7"
assert failed status 7
error status 4 installation aborted
E: Error in /sdcard/"name of rom".zip (status 0)
there're more that I didn't keep track of
I re-downloaded the roms twice to make sure it wasn't because a corrupt zip

If I successfully flash a rom, once I flash the kernel and fails, I can't re-flash the same built because errors start appearing
sometimes I get different versions of CWM depending of the rom.


presently I flashed CM 10.2 20131105 venturi, android 4.3.1 and gapps from july 2013 built-in kernel version 3.0.1.101-G70UEKI8 but the capacitive buttons don't work so I tried these kernels: Mercurius_kernel_usa_v5fixed, KKernel_R2.1_usa, Sultan-kernel-Venturi-r5-USA, Mercurius_Reborn_RC1_usa, pac-cm-USKernel-Mar-03, cm-10.2-USA-Kernel-REV5 but once I restart,the screen is black so I have to do a restore to just before the flashing of the kernel but can't use it like this.


Any sugestion? Any other kernels? I'm about to give up.


check in the zip file if you have 4/3 files (file_contents boot animation meta-inf system
if yes go check if the 4 files are in the directory / home / beggining folder in the zip if no then extract it then select all 4 files and then send to zip
 
tapia818
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by captpete1 View Post
I'm on stock and love my YP-G70, everything just works and I can customize it as I like. Except for the times I load too many widgets I have no problems. I see NO reason to change to ROMs with less functionallity and lots of problems. 2.3 is THE most stable and most used version of Android. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Mine "looks" like the S4 and works like it too, why would I change? KISS
I agree, GB is a very stable version, but I own a phone with JB installed and sometimes I don't want waste my phone battery so I use the galaxy but when it had GB, it was a downgrade for me, it was slow and could not install chrome which it's a must for me and with other roms looks and runs great ( when it used to).
 
tapia818
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default It has everithing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabirchowdhury View Post
check in the zip file if you have 4/3 files (file_contents boot animation meta-inf system
if yes go check if the 4 files are in the directory / home / beggining folder in the zip if no then extract it then select all 4 files and then send to zip

I tried to re-zip one build and when I tried to flashed it status 4 came up.

Right now I was able to flash pac_venturi-nightly-20140410.zip with gapps 2014-01-05 and its working but I think that I'm using the wrong kernel for the US version because when I restart my YP-G70 stays in the Pacrom logo or galaxy S Cyanogen (mod) like frozen.

Do anyone know of a rom and kernel for the us version of KK? or the kernel for this build that I flashed and seems working because I backed up and can restore it to before flashing the kernel thank you.
 
sabirchowdhury
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 19
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tapia818 View Post
I tried to re-zip one build and when I tried to flashed it status 4 came up.

Right now I was able to flash pac_venturi-nightly-20140410.zip with gapps 2014-01-05 and its working but I think that I'm using the wrong kernel for the US version because when I restart my YP-G70 stays in the Pacrom logo or galaxy S Cyanogen (mod) like frozen.

Do anyone know of a rom and kernel for the us version of KK? or the kernel for this build that I flashed and seems working because I backed up and can restore it to before flashing the kernel thank you.
have you tried
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2568478
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Paid Android App Developers Will Soon Have to Provide Physical Address

Google has now changed its policies regarding paid app developers. … more

Windows Developers Rejoice! Dev Program’s $99 Yearly Fee is No More!

Microsoft rule in the mobile market, much like the giant dinosaurs … more

Add the Xperia Z2 Lock Screen to Your Favorite KitKat ROM

Almost every OEM adds its own unique flair to their stock firmwares. While some of … more

Android App Review: Control Your Phone with Quick Control Panel – XDA Developer TV

Your Android smart device has many features that you … more