Ask a question

No registration required

Stock Apps Feedback

OP THFourteen

14th April 2014, 11:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

117 posts
Hiya, I would appreciate it if some users could post some feedback on the responsiveness of stock apps on their shiny new S5s

In particular the camera, gallery, contacts and phone apps.

I have an S3 and am thinking about upgrading, however I’ve been on an AOSP ROM for the last few months because the lag in opening simple stuff like contacts was just unbearable on any Samsung ROM/kernel combo. It was embarrassing trying to show someone a picture on my phone only to have them wait 5-10 seconds for the app to decide to open.

I’d like to upgrade to an S5, but not expecting there to be any decent ROMs for a few months, so just want to make sure I won’t be regretting it
14th April 2014, 12:49 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 96

897 posts
Everything overall is faster and smoother. I came from am S3 as well. The camera loads fast, but I would say the time from waking the device to taking a pic is still not quite as fast as iPhones. It takes amazing pics, so that helps. I haven't tried to see if lowering the resolution will speed up the process. The gallery still lags a second or two when I go to it from the camera. I wish Samsung would have made the gallery fast3 instead of clunkier. Overall, though, I truly enjoy using the camera and gallery, so what I've mentioned are just minor complaints.

On the phone, I thought I would miss the swipe motion to call or text, but I like the grid better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
14th April 2014, 01:53 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 445

613 posts
The swipe motion to call and text still exists on the S5. Or what are you talking about?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread