SIM-Unlocking ACER S200

Search This thread

gigilev

Feb 20, 2009
Hi,

I just bought an Acer S200 that seems to be very good. It's locked on SFR network and I want to sim-unlock it. As this PDA is really recent, no way seems to be ok to do this. Is there anyone who can help me ?

thanks ! :)

P

pongothemagnificent

Guys the acer s200 comes unlock from the factory, it hasnt been subsidized by any carrier so theres is no way to get a carrier lock acer s200.

Aug 12, 2008
If that was true I would clime into the monitor and hug you.
P1.jpg
Is this not a sim lock.

gigilev

Feb 20, 2009
As a matter of fact, I've got the same message of "SFR SIM LOCK" as you IllicitTweakin.

I just receive today my unlock code but the screen "SIM LOCK" does not allow any keyboarding (keyboard seems to be inactive, only "Cancel" is allowed) !

No solution at the moment... :eek:

hedizidane

Dec 13, 2009
As a matter of fact, I've got the same message of "SFR SIM LOCK" as you IllicitTweakin.

I just receive today my unlock code but the screen "SIM LOCK" does not allow any keyboarding (keyboard seems to be inactive, only "Cancel" is allowed) !

No solution at the moment... :eek:

the same probleme any solution !!!

gigilev

Feb 20, 2009
I found a solution, with a little mystery ... :

I first installed the last ROM ACER 2.003.00 FR (uploadable on Acer'site) and my SIM wasn't yet usable.

I launch the SIMLOCK program in the folder \programfiles\SIMLOCK, nothing happened. I try to reboot the smartphone, the SIM card was ok !

Hope this experience could help !

Bye :)

bono.bel

Aug 5, 2007
I found a solution, with a little mystery ... :

I first installed the last ROM ACER 2.003.00 FR (uploadable on Acer'site) and my SIM wasn't yet usable.

I launch the SIMLOCK program in the folder \programfiles\SIMLOCK, nothing happened. I try to reboot the smartphone, the SIM card was ok !

Hope this experience could help !

Bye :)

hello, do you mean you have unlock it by this method? can you show us al the procedure?

br

gigilev

Feb 20, 2009
Hi,

I confirm that the sim unlock of the ACER-S200 was made with 3 steps :

1-update with the official ACER ROM (2.003.00FR in my case)
2-execute the file \Program files\SIMLOCK\SIMLOCK.EXE
3-reboot to validate : it's ok !

I did it again this morning for a second ACER and it works fine.

bye
:)

bono.bel

Aug 5, 2007
Hi,

I confirm that the sim unlock of the ACER-S200 was made with 3 steps :

1-update with the official ACER ROM (2.003.00FR in my case)
2-execute the file \Program files\SIMLOCK\SIMLOCK.EXE
3-reboot to validate : it's ok !

I did it again this morning for a second ACER and it works fine.

bye
:)

wel thanks u so much! i id it like u said, network barrs and operator name came for 10 second, then the message (no service came)
is there anything else sould i do? also when i execute the simlock.exe in programe files, nothing happen!!!

bono.bel

Aug 5, 2007
first i tryed with EUU_Acer_S200_2.003.00_FR_02.03.00_2.003.01-20091109, then the software said that my phone is sfr, then i tryed with EUU_Acer_S200_2.003.01_FR_SFR_02.03.00_2.003.01-20091109, upgrade is done sucsesfully, i fo to programefiles/SIMLOCK_SFR.exe, then nothing happen!! how to execute it???

br

bono.bel

Aug 5, 2007
here is what i get with fr rom, i can upgrade onely with sfr fr rom!!!
what's wrong with my phone exactly!

bono.bel

Aug 5, 2007
well! thank you so much good man, after hard reset my phone, i sucsseed to unlock it!! :)
onely one thing, i have to execute the simlock_sfr.exe if i power off/on the phone, is it the same thing with you?

br

gigilev

Feb 20, 2009
Hi Bono,

You cannot upgrade your ROM with ACER's ROM because your phone is locked on SFR ROM by a register key : to avoid this, first download a freeware as "PHM regedit" and install it on your phone. Then, go to HKLM/ControlPanel/ACER/SystemInfo/Software and modify the key "Language" from FR_SFR to FR and close the software.

You can now use your activesync to launch the ACER ROM 2.003.00 and it will be ok.

Let's have a try, I think Acer's ROM is better as SFR's ROM (my opinion only ! ).

bye !

Last edited:

bono.bel

Aug 5, 2007
Hi Bono,

You cannot upgrade your ROM with ACER's ROM because your phone is locked on SFR ROM by a register key : to avoid this, first download a freeware as "PHM regedit" and install it on your phone. Then, go to HKLM/ControlPanel/ACER/SystemInfo/Software and modify the key "Language" from FR_SFR to FR and close the software.

You can now use your activesync to launch the ACER ROM 2.003.00 and it will be ok.

Let's have a try, I think Acer's ROM is better as SFR's ROM (my opinion only ! ).

bye !

Hi gigilev,
yes that's why i got this error, so what i could do , i upgrade with sfr rom like i said, now the phone is unlocked, but every time i power off then power on the phone, the phone is locked again, all i have to do is to execute silock_sfr.exe from programefiles/simlock, and it's unlocked again.

in your case, is it the same thing?

again thanks gigilev :)

gigilev

Feb 20, 2009
I confirm I haven't got your problem. I just made a try and after a reboot, my SIM is still ok. I think you should make the last steps I gave you to install the original ACER's ROM and finally use the \Program files\SIMLOCK\SIMLOCK.EXE.

Let me now if it's ok !

good luck ;+)

bono.bel

Aug 5, 2007
ok, but now i think that i will downgrade it :(
my phone now has 2.003.01, as i upgrade it with EUU_Acer_S200_2.003.01_FR_SFR_02.03.00_2.003.01-20091109
can i flash now with the acer rom EUU_Acer_S200_2.003.00_FR_02.03.00_2.003.01-20091109 that has 2.003.00

will downgrade damage the phone? :(