Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,194 Members 41,753 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] "An update is required to access Samsung services"

Tip us?

EnzoS.
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Harjan112...thank you very much for the detailed information. I needed to be assured that removing the Samsung account from the Note 8.0 was the right way to go and your explanation seems to be right on the money. The tab is my wife's and I don't think she would appreciate it too much if I decided to root the thing and experiment on it in any way (ha).

Now if I could only get an answer to my other problem: the Gallery's data file bloating itself for no apparent reason every time the tab is turned on or rebooted. It's pretty strange that (so far) 118 people have viewed the posting but not one reply...not even a foolish recommendation (ha).

Thank you again. I will definitely give it a try now.

EnzoS

Harjan112
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Now if I could only get an answer to my other problem: the Gallery's data file bloating itself for no apparent reason every time the tab is turned on or rebooted. It's pretty strange that (so far) 118 people have viewed the posting but not one reply...not even a foolish recommendation (ha)
Lol... where exactly did you ask that question Are you sure it was in this thread

Anywho what do you mean by bloating? As in let say book covers for ebooks or album art for music or web albums?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

EnzoS.
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you for your interest in my "other" problem. I did indeed post my question in the Galaxy Note 8.0 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting thread as: "GN8 Gallery data eating up drive space" back on the 1st of March. I thought I was fairly clear on the description and I would appreciate it if you would check it out. I'd be more than happy if you had questions for me as I'm baffled by what's happening. Please read my post.

Best regards,

EnzoS

gooberdude
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzoS. View Post
Thank you for your interest in my "other" problem. I did indeed post my question in the Galaxy Note 8.0 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting thread as: "GN8 Gallery data eating up drive space" back on the 1st of March. I thought I was fairly clear on the description and I would appreciate it if you would check it out. I'd be more than happy if you had questions for me as I'm baffled by what's happening. Please read my post.

Best regards,

EnzoS
Ah, well we did not follow your past question... I found with my antivirus app, that I get over 350MB of cached images just with my mp3 ID3 tags having album art.

I found that if you install Xposed framework and add the Wanam Xposed module, you have he ability to disable caching of images. Since disabling, I get zero cache. As for clearing the cache, you will either add a cleaner app or replace your antivirus with one that has built in added utilities.

Though one thing about disabling cache, you will notice slower image redraws with any images that are stored on slow SD cards. I have 633x UHS-1 SD card installed, and do not find images having issues with delayed image redraws from SD.

Hope this helps.