5,814,981 Members 41,441 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery is draining way too fast.. :(

Tip us?
 
mandarjoshiin
Old
#1  
mandarjoshiin's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Posts: 613
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
Default Battery is draining way too fast.. :(

Hello all,
I am experiencing a very bad battery backup on my LGOGP.. I'm getting around 20 hrs of backup when the phone is idle for 8+ hrs. i know when u use 3G battery drains fast but now even when I'm using WiFi at home my battery is being drained faster.. :banghead:
Can anyone help?
I hv attached my battery stats here.
Sent from my LG Optimus G Pro E980
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1397187348609.jpg
Views:	2783
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	2679515   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1397187364430.jpg
Views:	2790
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	2679516  
Hit Thanks if I helped U!!

Phones:

Nokia 1100 ---> Nokia 2310 --> Nokia 5130 & Lava Arc 04--> SE Xperia Arc --> Sony Xperia Z (Sold, Miss it ) --> Fiery Red Nokia Lumia 720(gifted to bro) --> Samsung Galaxy Y (For some days. thankfully ) --> New LG Optimus G Pro (AT&T E980 Unlocked 32 GB version)
 
clotveins
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 54
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: republics of banana island
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarjoshiin View Post
Hello all,
I am experiencing a very bad battery backup on my LGOGP.. I'm getting around 20 hrs of backup when the phone is idle for 8+ hrs. i know when u use 3G battery drains fast but now even when I'm using WiFi at home my battery is being drained faster.. :banghead:
Can anyone help?
I hv attached my battery stats here.
Sent from my LG Optimus G Pro E980
I had the same issue.

Found out my OEM charger wasn't charging properly. Got it replaced by LG G2 charger at service centre for free since it is still in warranty

Sent from my LG E988; click thanks if i helped you. it will be appreciated
The Following User Says Thank You to clotveins For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kimmyson
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 15
Join Date: Apr 2014
Currently me too, just that my battery voltage is displayed as 3mv to 4mv

It takes me almost 4 hours to fully charge from 0% to 100%
 
arifqur
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 307
Posts: 1,777
Join Date: Nov 2005
Are you using Lux Auto Brightness app?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
 
Mervingio
Old
#5  
Mervingio's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 409
Posts: 1,532
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Elysium
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarjoshiin View Post
Hello all,
I am experiencing a very bad battery backup on my LGOGP.. I'm getting around 20 hrs of backup when the phone is idle for 8+ hrs. i know when u use 3G battery drains fast but now even when I'm using WiFi at home my battery is being drained faster.. :banghead:
Can anyone help?
I hv attached my battery stats here.
Sent from my LG Optimus G Pro E980
What ROM you use right now?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
 
mandarjoshiin
Old
#6  
mandarjoshiin's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Posts: 613
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mervingio View Post
What ROM you use right now?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
I'm using G2V5..

Sent from my LG Optimus G Pro E980
Hit Thanks if I helped U!!

Phones:

Nokia 1100 ---> Nokia 2310 --> Nokia 5130 & Lava Arc 04--> SE Xperia Arc --> Sony Xperia Z (Sold, Miss it ) --> Fiery Red Nokia Lumia 720(gifted to bro) --> Samsung Galaxy Y (For some days. thankfully ) --> New LG Optimus G Pro (AT&T E980 Unlocked 32 GB version)
 
Mervingio
Old
#7  
Mervingio's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 409
Posts: 1,532
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Elysium
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarjoshiin View Post
I'm using G2V5..

Sent from my LG Optimus G Pro E980
Strange this ROM is A+ on my book did you use Greenify?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
 
mandarjoshiin
Old
#8  
mandarjoshiin's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68
Posts: 613
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mervingio View Post
Strange this ROM is A+ on my book did you use Greenify?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
actually I used to get good backup previously.. I dont know what is causing so much of drain. Now if I keep phone idle with 3G on for around 15-20 mins at least 5% drops.. Maybe I need to go back to stock and do a fresh flash without much applications and check again..

No I dont use greenify
Hit Thanks if I helped U!!

Phones:

Nokia 1100 ---> Nokia 2310 --> Nokia 5130 & Lava Arc 04--> SE Xperia Arc --> Sony Xperia Z (Sold, Miss it ) --> Fiery Red Nokia Lumia 720(gifted to bro) --> Samsung Galaxy Y (For some days. thankfully ) --> New LG Optimus G Pro (AT&T E980 Unlocked 32 GB version)
 
Mervingio
Old
#9  
Mervingio's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 409
Posts: 1,532
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Elysium
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarjoshiin View Post
actually I used to get good backup previously.. I dont know what is causing so much of drain. Now if I keep phone idle with 3G on for around 15-20 mins at least 5% drops.. Maybe I need to go back to stock and do a fresh flash without much applications and check again..

No I dont use greenify
Try it and see for yourself

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Change the Style of Your Notifications with HeadsUp

Head Up notifications is one of these upcoming features that Android developers hid deep … more

Google Play Store to Show Price Ranges for In-App Purchases

Google recently announced a change to Google Play Store policy that requires … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: How to Shut Up Your Phone – XDA Developer TV

So many different applications want to send us notifications that … more

Add Some Power to First Generation Snapdragon CPUs

Some older devices still remain very popular. Phones like theHTC Desire, Sony Ericsson … more