Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,412 Members 45,155 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

IMEI Null and Baseband Unknown

Tip us?

starbury
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation IMEI Null and Baseband Unknown

I've flashed the DN3 version 4 RC2 and now I have IMEI null and Baseband is unknown.
I did search and came across couple posts which I'd used; listed below.

I've read and followed these instructions from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2389426
As well as using the tools listed on that page.

I've also used Dr.Ketan's aroma efs backup/restore to try and restore my efs and I've tried EFS professional.

I have old efs back up from 9/10/2013 in the .img file and the other one from 24/08/2013 in tar.gz file.

Is there any other way to try and restore my phone to its formal functional glory using any of these back ups?

Any help is much appreciated.

_longy_
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbury View Post
I've flashed the DN3 version 4 RC2 and now I have IMEI null and Baseband is unknown.

I've read and followed these instructions from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2389426

I've also used Dr.Ketan's aroma efs backup/restore to try and restore my efs and I've tried EFS professional.

I have old efs back up from 9/10/2013 in the .img file and the other one from 24/08/2013 in tar.gz file.

Is there any other way to try and restore my phone to its formal functional glory using any of these back ups?

This happened to me when I flashed a N7100 rom to my N7105 by mistake, to get it to work again,I unrooted my device, then I installed samsung Kies, from in Kies I went to "Tools" and "Firmware upgrade and initialisation".

It will ask for the serial number under your battery so have it handy before you do this. You will have to boot into download mode and let
Kies do the rest.

It worked for me, cant hurt to try.
Good luck.

m.b.jikre
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbury View Post

You must have to restore with EFS Professional because there are no same patterns were observed for apps but custom recovery does. Now a days in almost every custom recovery offers efs backup and restore(Philz toch is very well), and this is meant to be a suitable method.

starbury
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Luckily enough it was just a dirty flash! I guess the EFS was still intact and it was just a bad ROM installation.
All is solved