XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Q - Who's working on SCH-I435 & Where's it @

Tip us?

justlovejoy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1013

DONATE TO ME
Ok So from what I am hearing, I don't need the phone and have all I need already, however I'll still need testers. The difficult thing will be finding someone willing to risk it. the phone is from what I have been through.. unbrickable permanently, however the deeper the brick the harder the comeback but skills and determination are what brings them back. I'll take a deeper look at what I have and possibly post something that may work for those without the latest or any updates without knox installed, but still what if i find as I try to learn about bootloaders will most-likely be compatible with whats latest to date of this post cause thats where all my files are coming from. Idk if you can relate or not but writers block kinda, Stock overkill?
Sig Is Under ConStruct!

NolanSyKinsley
Old
(Last edited by NolanSyKinsley; Yesterday at 04:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I am available and willing to do testing. Fairly new to android but very experienced in linux and am a quick study. If you need anything tested, lemme know. I have the SCH-I435 from verizon. Sadly I do think I did the OTA update as soon as I took it out of the box, I had no idea that it would be an issue. I have rooted it, and while rooting it said that KNOX was disabled, I have no idea if that actually helps anything or not.

mattdm
Old
Thanks Meter 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by justlovejoy View Post
Sorry I had to let it go. I can't stand stock and driving myself insane trying to build functioning recoveries, Only to be halted by Verizon's Bootloader Crap.
I'm getting an AT&T Phone, Unlocking it and throwing in my sim. Then I'll build for that, I made the serious mistake of updating it before I knew all the particulars of being on verizon. Please don't be mad but if I am going to dedicate most of my days and nights to building and customizing my phone, I'd like to actually be able to just that, lol and not be trapped without a recovery to do so. I'm a native Flashaholic, I need to flash something by the end of the month and if it means letting go of this phone to do so.. I have to and will! Crazy as it sounds, I won't do half of what i feel i need to do with android being custom-blocked like this. I Will be dropping The nasty V after contract and i guess dealing with sprint again or att, 7 more months of this is crap! I'm still here for support and have all files, If anything I'll buy someones sgs4mini-vzn-i435 at a nice discount price just to continue trying to do something with it or if something budges, continue my development efforts but I cannot keep it as my primary device any longer. Sorry it's holding me back. Thanks for all the efforts and everyones help with getting as far as I did. Don't hesitate to lmk if any of you need help. I'm still on the support team and have all stock partitions already extracted. Thanks Unlimited, I'll be lurking +_+
You do realize that AT&T phones are now locked down just as tightly as Verizon phones? If you want an unlockable bootloader, you have to go with Sprint/T-Mobile or get an international phone and use it with AT&T.
Phone: AT&T Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337)
Firmware: LiquidSmooth KitKat
Launcher: Google Experience Launcher

Previous phones: Samsung E317, Motorola KRZR K1, Sony Ericsson w580i, Samsung Sync (SGH-A707), Sony Ericsson F305, Blackberry Bold 9700, Blackberry Torch 9800, AT&T Galaxy SII (SGH-I777), Nexus 5

So say we all.

justlovejoy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1013

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanSyKinsley View Post
I am available and willing to do testing. Fairly new to android but very experienced in linux and am a quick study. If you need anything tested, lemme know. I have the SCH-I435 from verizon. Sadly I do think I did the OTA update as soon as I took it out of the box, I had no idea that it would be an issue. I have rooted it, and while rooting it said that KNOX was disabled, I have no idea if that actually helps anything or not.
Well chances are you have Knox, I'll upload tonight probably after work if you're free then, I'll pm around 10. Eat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdm View Post
You do realize that AT&T phones are now locked down just as tightly as Verizon phones? If you want an unlockable bootloader, you have to go with Sprint/T-Mobile or get an international phone and use it with AT&T.
Wow I'm just so disappointed with Sammy, thought higher than this but yes I found out the hard way and now have an s4 unlocked but won't take the Verizon network. Ugh

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
Sig Is Under ConStruct!

mattdm
Old
Thanks Meter 390
Quote:
Wow I'm just so disappointed with Sammy, thought higher than this but yes I found out the hard way and now have an s4 unlocked but won't take the Verizon network. Ugh

If you have an unlocked one, why not sign up for Straight Talk? Full access to AT&T's network for much less cost.
Phone: AT&T Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337)
Firmware: LiquidSmooth KitKat
Launcher: Google Experience Launcher

Previous phones: Samsung E317, Motorola KRZR K1, Sony Ericsson w580i, Samsung Sync (SGH-A707), Sony Ericsson F305, Blackberry Bold 9700, Blackberry Torch 9800, AT&T Galaxy SII (SGH-I777), Nexus 5

So say we all.

wiisixtyfour
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:

If I understand correctly you're trying to use an unlocked phone with your Verizon SIM? You can't use any AT&T or international phones on Verizon.. AT&T uses GSM technology while Verizon uses CDMA. The SIM card for Verizon is only for 4G data.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using xda app-developers app

justlovejoy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1013

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiisixtyfour View Post
If I understand correctly you're trying to use an unlocked phone with your Verizon SIM? You can't use any AT&T or international phones on Verizon.. AT&T uses GSM technology while Verizon uses CDMA. The SIM card for Verizon is only for 4G data.

Correct you are but I was backwards and put an att Sim in Verizon device. It works the other way.

Sig Is Under ConStruct!

wiisixtyfour
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Correct you are but I was backwards and put an att Sim in Verizon device. It works the other way.

Oh, yeah that's right. I have used regionlock away and an AT&T SIM on my SCH-I435 before and it worked fine.