Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,799 Members 38,059 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HELP the newbie

Tip us?

jnicaragua
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default HELP the newbie

I have a galaxy s3mini and after I flashed cyanogenmod I lost my ability highlight text in a sms message.

Sometimes it is completely necessary to take information from a text message you revived and use it in another app and it is usually impractical to copy the entire message text..

On the stock you would tap on the received message bubble then long press on the area you wanted to highlight the tap to add to clipboard..

On a stock evo you would just long press the area of the text you wanted to highlight… Would changing the kernel fix this? Is there any work around? I like this rom but I will have to flash something else if I can’t fix this

cc.
@mauam
@New Macław
@Maxim

mauam
Old
Thanks Meter 6649
For me works flawlessly, try clear the keyboard app data or flash the ROM again or make a clean install.

P.S. I use google keyboard, if that matters.

PhoenixWyllow
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Along the same lines as what Mauam suggested, try using different keyboards. I don't have the problem myself and I'm using the AOSP keyboard built in to Novafusion's Carbon ROM. Maybe in your case it's a case of using Google keyboard or any of the other ones readily available simply because (forsome unfathomable reason) it hasn't loaded/installed all the functions.

Side note: you could also uninstall AOSP keyboard and reinstall. You can find a few FOSS keyboards on F-Droid, including a ported AOSP keyboard.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app