No registration required

Charging port

OP stevew84

14th April 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 236

2,709 posts
More
I didn't own an S4, so I'm not sure if the charging port was the same on that device, but is it safe to use the standard USB charger with the S5? I forgot my stock charger at home and i have my Nexus 5 USB here at work...the S5 is charging and I'm able to view the files on the phone, but what's the point of the little connecting port next to the USB?
14th April 2014, 03:49 PM   |  #2  
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,511

3,701 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew84

I didn't own an S4, so I'm not sure if the charging port was the same on that device, but is it safe to use the standard USB charger with the S5? I forgot my stock charger at home and i have my Nexus 5 USB here at work...the S5 is charging and I'm able to view the files on the phone, but what's the point of the little connecting port next to the USB?

On the Note 3 the port was changed to accommodate USB 3.0 and make it unique I guess, however you can still use a normal USB on the device. It's just Samsung adding their own little piece to it while still allowing older USB cables to work.
14th April 2014, 03:50 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 236

2,709 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto

On the Note 3 the port was changed to accommodate USB 3.0 and make it unique I guess, however you can still use a normal USB on the device. It's just Samsung adding their own little piece to it while still allowing older USB cables to work.

Good, didn't want the chance of anything to happen.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread