5,595,570 Members 46,809 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't Root Note 3 (on MJE) with Kingo Root- HELP!

Tip us?

andrew61061
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Omg thank you so much!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emuhack View Post
I just rooted on my MJE Verizon Note 3

I tried the latest version from the site and that did not work...

You need to do the following:

1. Load the latest driver from samsung for your phone... The Mobile Drivers...
2. Make sure you restart your computer after drivers install
3. Then plug in your N3 and let windows do its stuff and you may need to restart again after its done installing
4. Make sure you are in debug mode and unknown sources is checked
5. Then you need to
6. This is what worked for me and now i have a rooted phone...

Also thanks to bajasur for the BAJA ROM and Support....

Dude....The new version of KINGO kept failing on me and I never thought of trying to use an older version. What a lifesaver! Could have used Vroot but I KNEW that Kingo had to work somehow. You rock man

Wendemixda
Old
Thanks Meter 44
I can't believe how easy it was to root using this method. Thanks for your directions and the correct file. This is the 4th device I have rooted and this is by far the easiest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emuhack View Post
I just rooted on my MJE Verizon Note 3

I tried the latest version from the site and that did not work...

You need to do the following:

1. Load the latest driver from samsung for your phone... The Mobile Drivers...
2. Make sure you restart your computer after drivers install
3. Then plug in your N3 and let windows do its stuff and you may need to restart again after its done installing
4. Make sure you are in debug mode and unknown sources is checked
5. Then you need to download this file (older ver of kingo) (THANKS to BluPhant)
6. This is what worked for me and now i have a rooted phone...

Also thanks to bajasur for the BAJA ROM and Support....

Gladyscoleman
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman8 View Post
I just recently did a manual update of my Note 3 with Odin and am now on MJE. Every time I plug the Note in and run Kingo Root it never recognizes the phone but the computer does!

I have tried using a different USB port, re-installed Kingo, I'm sure my drivers are correct because again, I can connect to the PC with no problem.

Anyone have any idea how to get Kingo going? I am familiar with it since I used it to root my Note 3 when on MJ7 previously.

PLEASE HELP! I have a lot of apps that depend on root access that now I can't run any more.

Thanks.

P.S. - Sorry if this has already been covered somewhere here on the forum. I did several searches but came up with nothing.

I was facing this issue in past but then I contact with Samsung service center and this it was been recovered . Please contact your service provider like samsung.

mrpickem
Old
Thanks Meter 84
I can confirm the previous version on Kingo works fine. I have MJE and after many tries with newer version I found this info and less than 2 minutes later...done.

"
5. Then you need to download this file (older ver of kingo) (THANKS to BluPhant)
"
Sent from my totally awesome Note 3!

ibrahim10
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi dear I went through your difficult path with kingo but I failed however I tried vRoot with success my phone is verizon jss15j.N900vvrubmje
Keep vRoot open connect your phone via USB cable while it is connected reboot the phone so it will be cought at some point