Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

[Q] [Help]All KitKat ROMS failing to install/abort

OP KoolBurnX8

14th April 2014, 06:33 AM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh

Is that from flashing PAC...? I don't see anything there from being flashed.

I assume the ROM boots fine if you say data and service are working. I mean logs from Android, like logcat and dmesg.

Yeah that was after flashing PAC ROM. I was finally able to do a good wipe of everything and finally got PAC running smoothly. The newest TWRP 2.7.0.1 wont let me do a good wipe, so I had to use 2.3.3.1 to do the wipe. Those versions wouldnt flash the ROMs properly and would fail, so I installed the newest TWRP 2.7.0.1 (again) and now all the ROMs i've flashed work great.
14th April 2014, 03:09 PM   |  #12  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,566

11,271 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBurnX8

Yeah that was after flashing PAC ROM. I was finally able to do a good wipe of everything and finally got PAC running smoothly. The newest TWRP 2.7.0.1 wont let me do a good wipe, so I had to use 2.3.3.1 to do the wipe. Those versions wouldnt flash the ROMs properly and would fail, so I installed the newest TWRP 2.7.0.1 (again) and now all the ROMs i've flashed work great.

I read your other post, that is odd. Not sure why you would have to revert to an older version of TWRP... Actually I'm a bit behind, I'm still on 2.6.3.1 I think. Not sure upgrading my phone would be a good test, since you proved moving from an older to newer version works...

Hmmm. I might just RSD Lite back to stock to see if I can recreate this.
The Following User Says Thank You to arrrghhh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread