Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,130 Members 53,962 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Help]All KitKat ROMS failing to install/abort

Tip us?

KoolBurnX8
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Is that from flashing PAC...? I don't see anything there from being flashed.

I assume the ROM boots fine if you say data and service are working. I mean logs from Android, like logcat and dmesg.
Yeah that was after flashing PAC ROM. I was finally able to do a good wipe of everything and finally got PAC running smoothly. The newest TWRP 2.7.0.1 wont let me do a good wipe, so I had to use 2.3.3.1 to do the wipe. Those versions wouldnt flash the ROMs properly and would fail, so I installed the newest TWRP 2.7.0.1 (again) and now all the ROMs i've flashed work great.

arrrghhh
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3371

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBurnX8 View Post
Yeah that was after flashing PAC ROM. I was finally able to do a good wipe of everything and finally got PAC running smoothly. The newest TWRP 2.7.0.1 wont let me do a good wipe, so I had to use 2.3.3.1 to do the wipe. Those versions wouldnt flash the ROMs properly and would fail, so I installed the newest TWRP 2.7.0.1 (again) and now all the ROMs i've flashed work great.
I read your other post, that is odd. Not sure why you would have to revert to an older version of TWRP... Actually I'm a bit behind, I'm still on 2.6.3.1 I think. Not sure upgrading my phone would be a good test, since you proved moving from an older to newer version works...

Hmmm. I might just RSD Lite back to stock to see if I can recreate this.
The Following User Says Thank You to arrrghhh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]