FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

[Q] Help! Did I screw up flashing my phone?

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By clownyfish, Junior Member on 14th April 2014, 12:23 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have an Xperia Z1 C6903.

After updating to kitkat, I was disgusted by the new battery life, so looked up how to flash my phone back to jellybean.

I followed a guide I cannot link to in my first ten posts:
xperiafirmware.com/8-firmware/42-sony-xperia-z1-c6903
(Number 2 - flashing to 4.3).

I used the FTT linked there and the flashpro linked there.

Ran fine, here is the log: dropbox.com/s/13883t74e20b61k/flashtool_2014-04-14_06-25-39.log

After completion, I unplugged, booted phone, and now it is stuck in a reboot cycle. Seems to crash during the flare animation screen.

Please help! I've stopped the reboot cycle by running it in flash mode, then disconnecting it from the PC. As soon as I turn it on, the cycle begins again.
 
 
14th April 2014, 12:39 PM |#2  
adryanodej's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dej, Cluj-Napoca
Thanks Meter: 61
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clownyfish

I have an Xperia Z1 C6903.

After updating to kitkat, I was disgusted by the new battery life, so looked up how to flash my phone back to jellybean.

I followed a guide I cannot link to in my first ten posts:
xperiafirmware.com/8-firmware/42-sony-xperia-z1-c6903
(Number 2 - flashing to 4.3).

I used the FTT linked there and the flashpro linked there.

Ran fine, here is the log: dropbox.com/s/13883t74e20b61k/flashtool_2014-04-14_06-25-39.log

After completion, I unplugged, booted phone, and now it is stuck in a reboot cycle. Seems to crash during the flare animation screen.

Please help! I've stopped the reboot cycle by running it in flash mode, then disconnecting it from the PC. As soon as I turn it on, the cycle begins again.


hello. download this FTF : https://mega.co.nz/#!DwxEGJ5a!3za9PM...ekZyRNUntToK9w
and flash`it via flashtool. it should work fine
good luck!
14th April 2014, 01:54 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adryanodej

hello. download this FTF : ...
and flash`it via flashtool. it should work fine
good luck!

Thanks for your reply! I flashed to that file, but nothing changed - still just keeps crashing and rebooting =\
14th April 2014, 01:55 PM |#4  
gregbradley's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag King Grumpy Lord from Frown Town, Grumpy Land
Thanks Meter: 5,213
 
Donate to Me
More
Try forcing a software repair using PCCompanion
14th April 2014, 02:27 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

Try forcing a software repair using PCCompanion


I'm not sure how to do this. I'm looking the update option in PCC, but this keeps asking me to turn the phone on, which I can't do. It'll only get to flash mode.
14th April 2014, 02:29 PM |#6  
gregbradley's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag King Grumpy Lord from Frown Town, Grumpy Land
Thanks Meter: 5,213
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clownyfish

I'm not sure how to do this. I'm looking the update option in PCC, but this keeps asking me to turn the phone on, which I can't do. It'll only get to flash mode.

Use this option
http://prntscr.com/39wf5m

run pccompanion with the phone not connected, click on software update and then click the blue link
14th April 2014, 03:50 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

Use this option

run pccompanion with the phone not connected, click on software update and then click the blue link



Thank you, this has made the phone functional again. Unfortunately lost messages and such, but not too bad...

I guess I'll run with kitkat a while to see if the battery issue has resolved. If it hasn't, is there a better flash file I can use, or a safer method of going back to jellybean?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes