Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,915 Members 42,583 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Settings colour change from black background to white or light colour

Tip us?

saulo866
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Settings colour change from black background to white or light colour

Is there a way, on my Samsung S4 Stock ROM 4.3, to change, under settings, the colour for the background from white on black to black on white?

Thank you
Saulo

saulo866
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Using Settings > Accessiility > Negative Colors would in theorysolve my problem...but then this new settings applies to everywhere, to each screen, NOT ONLY to settings...this makes making pictures and movies horrible (pics have reversed colors)...

Any idea?

I have vision issues, so having a black blackground and white characters causes me not to clearly see...

Thanks for any suggestions

saulo866
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I would easily switch to a cooked ROM which has the background colour for settings inverted...By the way, it seems that HTC, iPhone and most major provider choose black characters on white background.. Why then Samsung has choose the oppostite?

bennyboy78
Old
Thanks Meter 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by saulo866 View Post
I would easily switch to a cooked ROM which has the background colour for settings inverted...By the way, it seems that HTC, iPhone and most major provider choose black characters on white background.. Why then Samsung has choose the oppostite?
Probably because of the s4 screen type... Its amoled, so when it shows black, it actually has the pixel off, thus saving power.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

saulo866
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyboy78 View Post
Probably because of the s4 screen type... Its amoled, so when it shows black, it actually has the pixel off, thus saving power.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Dear Benny

Yes, probably,. However how is it possible in the world nobody else has the glaring problem that I do experience? I do not want to give up Samsung and return to iPhone just because the apple device have white background, right? there must be a workout...

Thank you
S

kylecore
Old
Thanks Meter 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by saulo866 View Post
Dear Benny

Yes, probably,. However how is it possible in the world nobody else has the glaring problem that I do experience? I do not want to give up Samsung and return to iPhone just because the apple device have white background, right? there must be a workout...

Thank you
S
You can blame samsung all you want but in actuality its the carrier you bought the device from, AT&T uses white background setting in most of their roms while Rogers uses Black.
Don't like the background colour, switch to a custom rom/different carriers rom and get white settings.
You can easily find out what colour the settings menus are in various roms by looking at screen shots of the rom prior to installing it.

saulo866
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thank you so much for your info...
Unfortunately I use a S4: it is UNLOCKED, but it is i9502 (dual SIM), and there is ONLY one cooked ROM available (from SVA, ROM 5.5). Which is excellent by the way.
It has black background.

I am very happy about the ROM. I would not want to change to another cooked ROM. And even if I want, there it NO alternative English ROM to support dual SIM i9502 Samsung S4.

Is there a way that a NON-Tech-sawy like me can accomplish the change of background from black to white or clear? Yes, I cannot do programming, but I am able to fully implement rooting procedures and I know basic Unix commands and terminal operations..

thanks
Saulo