Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,990 Members 37,126 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[USER] Which ROM for stable daily use?

Tip us?

magicphone
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [USER] Which ROM for stable daily use?

I just got a Defy+ as a gift and upgrade. It came rooted.

I see the overwhelming choice of custom ROMs offered here and got confused.

I wanted to try Firefox OS for one but it was long updated (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...865120&page=17)

So, which to choose from the many Androids? I don't have any special requirements but stability and be it well supported (by the wonderful XDA community).

In the forum of my previous phone (Galaxy Mini) there were 2 threads for a specified custom ROM: one for the developers and one for the users. This designation would be helpful here, too.

Are there distinctive 'stable' releases as well or am I supposed to pick the latest nightly and hope it is more stable than previous day's?

vishal.kulkarni30
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicphone View Post
I just got a Defy+ as a gift and upgrade. It came rooted.

I see the overwhelming choice of custom ROMs offered here and got confused.

I wanted to try Firefox OS for one but it was long updated (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...865120&page=17)

So, which to choose from the many Androids? I don't have any special requirements but stability and be it well supported (by the wonderful XDA community).

In the forum of my previous phone (Galaxy Mini) there were 2 threads for a specified custom ROM: one for the developers and one for the users. This designation would be helpful here, too.

Are there distinctive 'stable' releases as well or am I supposed to pick the latest nightly and hope it is more stable than previous day's?
U might wanna try Omni or Slimkat for stability , but cm11 is pretty stable too with minor bugs !!

Sent from my MB526 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to vishal.kulkarni30 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

magicphone
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal.kulkarni30 View Post
but cm11 is pretty stable too with minor bugs !!
By CM11 which thread do you mean? Run by which XDA member? As there are more.

wedgess
Old
(Last edited by wedgess; 14th April 2014 at 04:38 PM.) Reason: Op asked for CM11 thread
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 13,371

DONATE TO ME
We do not allow best/most stable ROM/Kernel threads on XDA. The reason is everybody has their own opinion, each user has different usage and different needs for their device plus developers do not like seeing their work compared to others.

As for your question about nightlies.. They are the builds which run everyday with the latest patches that have been merged into the repositories. They can contain bugs which are usually fixed the day or few days after that is why there usually always is stable builds every once in awhile.

Edit (after your last post) - and if your looking for CM11 its here

Thread closed
-wedgess
Forum Moderator

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wedgess For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe