5,594,151 Members 47,093 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] |ATT & TELUS| █ ELEGANCIA™ █ ◄|6.2.0|►| Stock & Colored | Sense 5 & Senseless |

Tip us?

heydabop
Old
Thanks Meter 36

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWRXPride View Post
I've tried using the WiFi tether app, and don't even have encryption of any kind on, and it doesn't work for me. It appears to go through the steps of turning on a hotspot for me, with no errors, but I can't see any wifi network to connect to with another device.
Have you gone into settings and set Device-Profile to "Generic ICS/JB (wlan0)"

That's what did it for me. Also my passphrase is 8 characters, not 13.

qwesta
Old
Thanks Meter 1
how do you turn on that boot sound?
I want to have it back.
Thank you

BlueWRXPride
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by heydabop View Post
Have you gone into settings and set Device-Profile to "Generic ICS/JB (wlan0)"

That's what did it for me. Also my passphrase is 8 characters, not 13.
Yeah I tried that. Still can't get any wifi to show up. And when I do try to turn on the hotspot, it can take several minutes to actually turn on, is that normal?

MikeDevenney
Old
(Last edited by MikeDevenney; 3rd April 2014 at 02:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Question Boot Loop after (my attempt at) flashing 6.2

I've read through the thread and haven't been able to solve my problem. Hopefully someone can help. I'm selling my HTC ONE X+ and came back to the thread to see if there were updates to the ROM so I could flash a fresh new image to sell. I tried to flash 6.2 but after the install I'm now boot looping. I can't get the phone to connect to my PC to flash the boot.img file and don't know where to go from here, can anyone lend a hand?

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by riemann View Post
So I have to boot into bootloader again and flashed the boot.img extracted from the ROM zip. Now everything back to normal. Just thought someone might encounter a similar problem and want to know how to fix it.
Hi, I was wondering how you extracted the boot.img from the ROM? Did you do that on the phone or on a connected computer? I'm in a similar situation (boot looping after trying to flash 6.2 over 5.6) but in my case I didn't flash the boot.img.

HTC ONE (Verizon) stock for now
HTC ONE X+ (AT&T) with Elegancia 5.6
HTC Inspire (AT&T) with CM7
HTC Aria (AT&T) with CM7

I like HTC I guess.

ashamir
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDevenney View Post
I've read through the thread and haven't been able to solve my problem. Hopefully someone can help. I'm selling my HTC ONE X+ and came back to the thread to see if there were updates to the ROM so I could flash a fresh new image to sell. I tried to flash 6.2 but after the install I'm now boot looping. I can't get the phone to connect to my PC to flash the boot.img file and don't know where to go from here, can anyone lend a hand?

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

Hi, I was wondering how you extracted the boot.img from the ROM? Did you do that on the phone or on a connected computer? I'm in a similar situation (boot looping after trying to flash 6.2 over 5.6) but in my case I didn't flash the boot.img.
The boot.img is inside the ROM zip file. You can extract it as you would from any other zip file on your PC. Once extracted, use the kernel flasher or fastboot to flash the boot.img file

MikeDevenney
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashamir View Post
The boot.img is inside the ROM zip file. You can extract it as you would from any other zip file on your PC. Once extracted, use the kernel flasher or fastboot to flash the boot.img file
Problem is I can't connect the phone to my computer.

HTC ONE (Verizon) stock for now
HTC ONE X+ (AT&T) with Elegancia 5.6
HTC Inspire (AT&T) with CM7
HTC Aria (AT&T) with CM7

I like HTC I guess.

Addicted2xda
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDevenney View Post
Problem is I can't connect the phone to my computer.
Reboot into bootloader. Hope you have the ADB drivers installed. Then you can flash the boot image. I dont remeber the hard key combination to boot into recovery /bootloader...

Sent from my LG-E988 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I have ORD
LG Optimus G Pro (E988) on BeanStalk
Sony (India) SucksThey take handsets for repairing and don't bother to return since August 2012 (WO Ref: #SE31247811057, 16.08.2012)
Search before you post. READ before you flash!

Don't post Thanks, click the Thanks button

smoothmoose
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Hi guys,

I didn't even think about it until now. But I was on Elegancia v5.7 up until last Wednesday as my phone was really acting up and running slow. I went and upgraded to v6.2 and everything is fine. Now I understand heartbleed affects Andriod 4.1.1, but I don't remember what E5.7 was based on? Was if andriod 4.1.2 or 4.1.1? Just wondering if my phone was compromised and that's why it slowed to a crawl all of sudden last week.

SM

Tags
best rom, elegancia, fast!, incredible support, lag free, onex+, steve0007