Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 48,292 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Opinion

Tip us?

rickberg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Default Opinion

I have been on here searching roms I have experimented with twrp cwm and philz recoveries and have to say philz seems to be the best for our devices

Now I'm ready to flash a customer rom and kernel I have researched and with all the possibilities out there I would like to know which rom and kernel work the smoothest I'm looking for a 4.4 rom and kernel in you guys opinions which one works the smoothest and is compatible with philz recovery

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

doubledragon5
Old
Thanks Meter 165
Try any of sleshepic roms with either the devil kernel, or Plasma kernel.. I personally us Classic 3.0 TW with devils kernel and so far running real smooth.. It is one of the most stable TW roms for this phone..
The Following User Says Thank You to doubledragon5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

garwynn
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7385

DONATE TO ME
Stock-wise @sleshepic is my go-to guy (disclosure: I am a bit biased though because of our past work to get said kernels to build properly.)

Alternatively..
If you have access to Linux you could try taking the repo from my Github and start making your own tweaked kernel.
Just look for the Community kernel thread as that's where we usually keep links and instructions up on building.
Contact: Twitter || Google+/Hangouts (Non-Moderator issues only please)
Useful Links: Forum Moderator List || Forum Rules

Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
(That includes RTs, RCs, RDs/SRDs, FMs/SFMs and the people who maintain the site.)

rickberg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
@garwynn I will look into that I'm still new to this I tried to develop a kernel for the HTC one sv but that was more advanced for what I was ready for it was a ported gsm to cdma rom kernel

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app