LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Dead Pixel

OP exocetdj

14th April 2014, 03:11 PM   |  #1  
exocetdj's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Outer Mongolia
Thanks Meter: 2,357
 
3,517 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
I have a dead pixel howeber it is hardly noticeable. I have been told I have to return via post before a replacement can be sent. Do dead pixels have a tendancy to spread? or not. Of not I will stick with this phone as I am f#cked without it for two or three days lol
14th April 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #2  
beanbean50's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 860
 
2,282 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by exocetdj

I have a dead pixel howeber it is hardly noticeable. I have been told I have to return via post before a replacement can be sent. Do dead pixels have a tendancy to spread? or not. Of not I will stick with this phone as I am f#cked without it for two or three days lol

no, dead pixels do not spread my dear..
an easy way to fix it yourself is to leave the screen on for 30 minutes on full brightness or download an app such as:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lackspotdetect
14th April 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #3  
exocetdj's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Outer Mongolia
Thanks Meter: 2,357
 
3,517 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbean50

no, dead pixels do not spread my dear..
an easy way to fix it yourself is to leave the screen on for 30 minutes on full brightness or download an app such as:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lackspotdetect

Cheers i thought better of returning it anyway, I used dead pixel detect and fix (the one that can cause seizures lol) and didnt work but will try some others
14th April 2014, 05:25 PM   |  #4  
exocetdj's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Outer Mongolia
Thanks Meter: 2,357
 
3,517 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
in fact that is the strobe one hahahaha! I will try again
14th April 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #5  
beanbean50's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 860
 
2,282 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by exocetdj

in fact that is the strobe one hahahaha! I will try again

ha..!
i had the same prob a couple of years ago with my one x and the solution was to burn it out by leaving the screen on at full brightness for half an hour
14th April 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #6  
exocetdj's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Outer Mongolia
Thanks Meter: 2,357
 
3,517 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbean50

ha..!
i had the same prob a couple of years ago with my one x and the solution was to burn it out by leaving the screen on at full brightness for half an hour

cool well the epileptic seizure app has been running for 25 mins now so will burn away
14th April 2014, 06:00 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 6
 
114 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
More
Attempting to "burn" it away has limited success. If you have one dead pixel it's always possible you can get more. At that point, many people who are deep in to monitors consider the screen toast. If you fight with HTC (or whichever carrier) you can likely convince them to send you the replacement first, along with a mailer to send the old phone back. I know for HTC to repair the phone, they want it sent in (obviously), but to just do a RMA on it you can probably convince them to send you a new one first. Just use a line like "what am I supposed to do without a phone for these weeks while I wait for the new one". Or you convince them to overnight it if that doesn't work. Usually they're flexible enough to do that if you try hard enough. I've been able to pull it off with LG, Samsung, and HTC before, as well as with T-Mobile's Insurance Program for repairs, so give it your best shot

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes