5,605,120 Members 37,425 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to downgrade to previous firmware on LG G2?

Tip us?

Surfman423
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default How to downgrade to previous firmware on LG G2?

At some point I had located a guide that could walk me through how to unroot and downgrade to a previous version after you were on firmware version 12B. I am currently rooted on firmware version 12B and running a custom ROM. I also have twrp installed. Could someone please point me to the guide I can't find again? My goal is to return the phone to 100% stock out of the box so I can avoid the OTA that was accepted during activation. Thank you in advance.

ILLHYHL
Old
(Last edited by ILLHYHL; 12th January 2014 at 06:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfman423 View Post
At some point I had located a guide that could walk me through how to unroot and downgrade to a previous version after you were on firmware version 12B. I am currently rooted on firmware version 12B and running a custom ROM. I also have twrp installed. Could someone please point me to the guide I can't find again? My goal is to return the phone to 100% stock out of the box so I can avoid the OTA that was accepted during activation. Thank you in advance.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476

this maybe?

goes back to 100% stock, out of the box

I own tmo D801 at the moment.

I downloaded OTA last night, but didn't like it

so I used this method to go back to previous version of the firmware (the very first one)

hope this helps?
The Following User Says Thank You to ILLHYHL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Surfman423
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
I found what i needed....thank you very much.

Stera_Droid
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default ZVC to ZVA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLHYHL View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476

this maybe?

goes back to 100% stock, out of the box

I own tmo D801 at the moment.

I downloaded OTA last night, but didn't like it

so I used this method to go back to previous version of the firmware (the very first one)

hope this helps?

I'm trying to Root a completely stock ROM with the latest OTA (ZVC). Unfortunately I'm not having any luck using ioroot25.zip on terminal. I run root.sh and get through 2 prompts until it tells me no firmware available yet. Any advice or help is much appreciated.

Thanks!