Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 49,313 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Formated internal sd. No recovery, no adb, no flashtool, no dl-mode

Tip us?

android404
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 466
Default Formated internal sd. No recovery, no adb, no flashtool, no dl-mode

I messed it up ultimately. I wanted to repartition the external sd using "aparted", instead I formated and repartitioned the internal one.

My situation now: tab doesn't boot into system, doesn't show in adb, doesn't show in flashtool (offline or online), doesn't boot to recovery, doesn't boot to download and doesn't show in windows. There's only one sign of life: when I plug it into a usb cable which is attached to my PC I get the windows "connect sound". And I get the disconnect/connect sounds when turning it off while attached to PC.

I assume that I can throw away my tab. If you know better, don't be afraid to tell me!
sent from naked browser

sleekmason
Old
Thanks Meter 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by android404 View Post
I messed it up ultimately. I wanted to repartition the external sd using "aparted", instead I formated and repartitioned the internal one.

My situation now: tab doesn't boot into system, doesn't show in adb, doesn't show in flashtool (offline or online), doesn't boot to recovery, doesn't boot to download and doesn't show in windows. There's only one sign of life: when I plug it into a usb cable which is attached to my PC I get the windows "connect sound". And I get the disconnect/connect sounds when turning it off while attached to PC.

I assume that I can throw away my tab. If you know better, don't be afraid to tell me!
Ouch.

You've tried all the button combos?

You could try the warranty... If they can't get into it either, then it probably won't matter if your rooted or not.
The Following User Says Thank You to sleekmason For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

id10terror
Old
Thanks Meter 514
Quote:

When you connect to computer do you see any devices in Device Manager?
LG G2 VS980 (VZW) (11/21/13)
• Rom: Stock LG 4.2.2 VS98012B Rooted • Kernel: Stock

LG G PAD 8.3 V500 White (3/5/13)
• Rom: Stock LG 4.4.2 V50020B US + BB + Root • Kernel: Stock 4.4.2

Active Projects:
••• id10t kernel v1.0 for 4.2.2 •••

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
id10terror.net • Twitter: @id10terrornet
The Following User Says Thank You to id10terror For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Qefx
Old
Thanks Meter 6
You should still be able to get into download mode and use "upgrade recovery" in lg mobile tool.
The Following User Says Thank You to Qefx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

android404
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by id10terror View Post
When you connect to computer do you see any devices in Device Manager?
Hi. Actually, it does appear here, as qhsusb_dload. That must be a good sign..?
sent from naked browser

id10terror
Old
Thanks Meter 514
Quote:
Hi. Actually, it does appear here, as qhsusb_dload. That must be a good sign..?
Good sign, yes, but will probably be difficult to recover from, might be better off just doing a warranty replacement.

Another option is to use a current version of Ubuntu or similar linux distro to see if you can access partitions from there. I remember something similar on a buddy's HTC phone a couple years back and was able to get him back up and running, so might be a similar issue here.

Active Projects:

The Following User Says Thank You to id10terror For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

android404
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 466
Quote:
Good sign, yes, but will probably be difficult to recover from, might be better off just doing a warranty replacement.

Another option is to use a current version of Ubuntu or similar linux distro to see if you can access partitions from there. I remember something similar on a buddy's HTC phone a couple years back and was able to get him back up and running, so might be a similar issue here.
Ok. I installed a virtual ubuntu and after work tomorrow i'll follow this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2582142 thread to see if it shows me anything. If so I might need halp to find the proper images to push. I found some other potenitally helpful stuff when googling qhsusb_dload. I'll see what where it takes me tomorrow. A replacement is kind of hard to get here in Norway afer my experience.

Thanks for now!
sent from naked browser
The Following User Says Thank You to android404 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

id10terror
Old
Thanks Meter 514
Quote:
Ok. I installed a virtual ubuntu and after work tomorrow i'll follow this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2582142 thread to see if it shows me anything. If so I might need halp to find the proper images to push. I found some other potenitally helpful stuff when googling qhsusb_dload. I'll see what where it takes me tomorrow. A replacement is kind of hard to get here in Norway afer my experience.

Thanks for now!
Good find! If that works out for you, maybe you can do a How To incase anyone encounters the same issue down the road.

Let me know if you need any partitions, although you should be able to grab most of them from any of my flashable zips. Just get them from the flash folder in the zip.

Good luck and godspeed!

Active Projects:

sfortier
Old
(Last edited by sfortier; 14th April 2014 at 05:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Good find! If that works out for you, maybe you can do a How To incase anyone encounters the same issue down the road.

Let me know if you need any partitions, although you should be able to grab most of them from any of my flashable zips. Just get them from the flash folder in the zip.

Good luck and godspeed!
I think that will not work.
qhsusb_bulk is different from qhsusb_dload.
Newer qualcomm SOC has some "rescue" modes to recover fom bad flash. If the internal flash/eMMC can΄t be accessed the SOC "bootROM" activates the qhsusb_dload mode. To get the device to "live" again is needed to use a qualcomm program to flash a qhsusb_bulk "driver" to the internal eMMC to activate the mass storage device...
There is a Korean Note2 qhsusb_dload topic about this here on xda... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1914359
The problem is find the correct flasher binary to upload to the SOC, the right "driver" to flash and the correct partition layout of the internal flash/eMMC.

It΄s better send to warranty replace...

The Following User Says Thank You to sfortier For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]