Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,571 Members 54,986 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] NO SIM Error- SCH545 on GSM???

Tip us?

vasi.utziu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] NO SIM Error- SCH545 on GSM???

Hello XDA!
After reading here that all verizon S4''s are network free, I bought an almost new one to use in Europe(Romania).
But even after i checked global everywhere , the phone says"NO SIM-insert sim card", and refuse to work at all, no voice, data wtatsoever. Also, i cant change the APN (but since there isnt even voice or sms, it isn relevant at this point)
Is there any tutorial for a newbie that i could folow to get the phone working in 3G?
Thank you very much. P.S. I'm on 4.3 stock

tojikjon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same problem. It says no SIM when I put my country's SIM card. When I put ATT sim, the phone shows that there a SIM inside the phone.

vasi.utziu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
its odd, since it is supposed to be a global device. Maybe flashing a custom ROM should remove the restriction?

k1mu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1521

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasi.utziu View Post
Hello XDA!
After reading here that all verizon S4''s are network free, I bought an almost new one to use in Europe(Romania).
But even after i checked global everywhere , the phone says"NO SIM-insert sim card", and refuse to work at all, no voice, data wtatsoever. Also, i cant change the APN (but since there isnt even voice or sms, it isn relevant at this point)
Is there any tutorial for a newbie that i could folow to get the phone working in 3G?
Thank you very much. P.S. I'm on 4.3 stock
Sounds like you have a bad SIM, or perhaps something wrong with the way it's cut. My i545 works fine with European SIMs (other than the annoyance with the "Non-Verizon SIM" warning).

You can't change the APN since you don't have a SIM installed, and you can't use GSM without a SIM.
My Android devices:
vzw Samsung Galaxy S4 stock NC5 rooted
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, also stock but rooted.

VZ Droid Incredible 2 rooted but otherwise stock.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

vasi.utziu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1mu View Post
Sounds like you have a bad SIM, or perhaps something wrong with the way it's cut. My i545 works fine with European SIMs (other than the annoyance with the "Non-Verizon SIM" warning).

You can't change the APN since you don't have a SIM installed, and you can't use GSM without a SIM.
I tried three different sims, so this is not the problem...can you tell me exactly wich EU carrier sim you succesfully used?

k1mu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1521

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I tried three different sims, so this is not the problem...can you tell me exactly wich EU carrier sim you succesfully used?
It's from eKit, which is Jersey Telecom (UK).
My Android devices:

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

vasi.utziu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1mu View Post
It's from eKit, which is Jersey Telecom (UK).
eKit is CDMA? I tried a Giffgaff UK sim and it dont work-still no Sim error Frustrating

k1mu
Old
(Last edited by k1mu; 13th April 2014 at 07:48 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1521

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
eKit is CDMA? I tried a Giffgaff UK sim and it dont work-still no Sim error Frustrating
BTW, eKit is also gosim.com.

No, I'm not using CDMA - the service in the UK is all GSM. You install the SIM then set the phone to GSM mode to use it. I've used the eKit service for years, starting with my incredible 2 which is another CDMA/GSM hybrid phone.

When moving about, I get service from Vodaphone, O2, AT&T UK, and probably others. I really don't understand why your phone isn't recognizing the SIM.

Is the service in your country CDMA by any chance? You don't use a SIM to activate a CDMA phone, so perhaps what you have is some proprietary thing that's not a standard GSM SIM.
My Android devices:

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

tojikjon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I fixed my problem by using a different SIM card. When I put it, it picked up the network automatically.