[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10 for D605

Search This thread

jancici

Oct 13, 2012
@Varcain, you did write

Things that I already know that don't work at all or are bugged:
- Manual service network selection (only auto supported right now)

Is it big problem? I am using only manual because my operator has low signal and they have national romanig with another operator. So it is important for me. Thanks for comments.

gemtin92

May 9, 2012
I have a question about manual service network selection.
Is this hard to make it working? I mean do you need any help with that and are you working on it?
My operator signal is very weak so phone keep switching between operators which is not battery friendly as you know.

Tapatapatap d605

I didn't research that in code yet. What I know is that CM10 code base has some bugs itself and this might be the case.

What I'm doing right now is preparing kernel for CM10.1. If I get it right I will try CM10.2 kernel and release next ROM based on CM10.2

Just read.

Avamander

Jul 2, 2012
keybase.io
@Varcain
Bugs:
* After updating the CWM and flashing the v4(or v3 afterwards to test it) WiFi will not connect anymore (shows the hotspots but will not connect). Are you sure you didn't break anything with the v2 CWM? (Going to revert back to stock until I get WiFi back working)
* Enabling airplane more the phone still asks for PIN code to unlock the phone. (If I didn't enter it on boot)
* Brightness toggle is broken, the icon won't change.
* The | sign when the phone boots.
* Data is enabled on fresh installs (Data is just too expensive, 1458kB of data costs 2,5euros without contract!)

(Also why does CWM say that it didn't find /sdcard/.android_secure and it skips backing it up?)

Last edited:

Varcain

Nov 8, 2013
Wrocław
@Varcain
Bugs:
* After updating the CWM and flashing the v4(or v3 afterwards to test it) WiFi will not connect anymore (shows the hotspots but will not connect). Are you sure you didn't break anything with the v2 CWM? (Going to revert back to stock until I get WiFi back working)
* Enabling airplane more the phone still asks for PIN code to unlock the phone. (If I didn't enter it on boot)
* Brightness toggle is broken, the icon won't change.
* The | sign when the phone boots.
* Data is enabled on fresh installs (Data is just too expensive, 1458kB of data costs 2,5euros without contract!)

(Also why does CWM say that it didn't find /sdcard/.android_secure and it skips backing it up?)

1. WiFi works for me, and I'm using v4 with CWM v2, never had any problems with it. Try if it works with clean install (wiped data and cache). Maybe something got messed up in your data.
2. This is CM10 specific thing and this is how it works
3. Never experienced this. Do you mean this auto thing? Don't switch auto using any battery saving programs (I had this problem on official CM with my LG P500 as far as I remember). Find a way how to turn off auto using system.prop or data modification.
4. Didn't notice this, looks like this is CM10 specific
5. Maybe in next release.

Regarding .android_secure - because "/sdcard" is the internal memory for CWM, it looks like .android_secure is loaded on the external sd only.

Avamander

Jul 2, 2012
keybase.io
1. WiFi works for me, and I'm using v4 with CWM v2, never had any problems with it. Try if it works with clean install (wiped data and cache). Maybe something got messed up in your data.
2. This is CM10 specific thing and this is how it works
3. Never experienced this. Do you mean this auto thing? Don't switch auto using any battery saving programs (I had this problem on official CM with my LG P500 as far as I remember). Find a way how to turn off auto using system.prop or data modification.
4. Didn't notice this, looks like this is CM10 specific
5. Maybe in next release.

Regarding .android_secure - because "/sdcard" is the internal memory for CWM, it looks like .android_secure is loaded on the external sd only.

1. Wiped everything still have the problem, it started when I updated CWM and installed v4. It worked(!) on v3 and only way for me to use WiFi is stock rom. I made a clean install and it didn't even give "Authentication error"(just said "Saved. Secured") on a strong signal hotspot.

3. The toggle icon(on notification bar) gets stuck to to A but the brightness profile changes

Is there a way you could make it back up android_secure? (Please also fix the backup date/clock and remove/fix the error that appears when wiping dalvik_cache.)

Also why does the CWM create a lot more files to the backup folder that "Online backup" from market does? It sais that I can restore those backups in the real CWM but is it right?

Sent from my LG-D605 using Tapatalk

Varcain

Nov 8, 2013
Wrocław
CWM does exactly what it's supposed to do, you should ask original authors if you think something is not right. Basically for CWM I only gave board configuration file and fstab to have it building for D605.

Unfortunately I cannot help you with your WiFi problem since you didn't provide logs (logcat is most important here). For me it works.

Avamander

Jul 2, 2012
keybase.io
CWM does exactly what it's supposed to do, you should ask original authors if you think something is not right. Basically for CWM I only gave board configuration file and fstab to have it building for D605.

Unfortunately I cannot help you with your WiFi problem since you didn't provide logs (logcat is most important here). For me it works.

I tried to install CM once more but wifi isn't working. Radio logcat only said that wifi state changed (of course it says it when I turn it on), regular logcat stayed the same entire time)
Worked CM v3 + CWM v1
Not working CM v3 & v4 + CWM v2
Have you tried flashing v3 or v4 with the second release?

CWM is not working properly (as it should). Date/clock is wrong, backups are unidentifiable. It does not backup android_secure and it says an error when wiping dalvik.

Varcain

Nov 8, 2013
Wrocław
regular logcat stayed the same entire time

How do you know, are you an android developer? I have a strong felling I could make more sense of these logs than for example you would. Since you don't want to provide them I won't be able to fix wifi for you.

Have you tried flashing v3 or v4 with the second release?

Of course.

CWM is not working properly (as it should). Date/clock is wrong, backups are unidentifiable. It does not backup android_secure and it says an error when wiping dalvik.

Date/clock doesn't stay in CM10 as well, this is some further problem that will stay until I find a way to fix it in CM10. You can rename backups right after you make them on next boot for the moment.

Wiping dalvik works, error relates to sd-ext which is a potential ext2/ext3/ext4 partition on SD-card (used in phones with very low internal memory). I do not use sd-ext partition neither on my CM10 port or CWM recovery. This error is OK.

It does not backup android_secure because it does not find one on your /sdcard (which is always /data/media AKA internal memory in STOCK).

Avamander

Jul 2, 2012
keybase.io
How do you know, are you an android developer? I have a strong felling I could make more sense of these logs than for example you would. Since you don't want to provide them I won't be able to fix wifi for you.

Of course.

Date/clock doesn't stay in CM10 as well, this is some further problem that will stay until I find a way to fix it in CM10. You can rename backups right after you make them on next boot for the moment.

Wiping dalvik works, error relates to sd-ext which is a potential ext2/ext3/ext4 partition on SD-card (used in phones with very low internal memory). I do not use sd-ext partition neither on my CM10 port or CWM recovery. This error is OK.

It does not backup android_secure because it does not find one on your /sdcard (which is always /data/media AKA internal memory in STOCK).

It's not that I dont want to give you the logs. I dont have logs. :)

LiudvikasLTU

Jun 12, 2012
Help! Mobile data doesn't work for me... It shows its on, also the "H" appears on the gsm band icon, it shows that it is asking and receiving data, but doesn't load any pages. Its a problem with the ROM, before I installed the ROM mobile data was working fine
Thank you

- shifu -

Mar 21, 2009
Help! Mobile data doesn't work for me... It shows its on, also the "H" appears on the gsm band icon, it shows that it is asking and receiving data, but doesn't load any pages. Its a problem with the ROM, before I installed the ROM mobile data was working fine
Thank you
data works perfectly here... have u wiped all (system, data, cache and dalvik)?
@Varcain
really good job on this ROM :cool:
no bugs until now. I've only encreased a bit the incall loudspeaker volume and now it's perfect :)

Varcain

Nov 8, 2013
Wrocław
Thank you

If you still have problem after data and cache wipe (with v4 release) then unfortunately you seem to be unlucky one with "odd" SIM card. To get data working I had to do a *very* dirty hack in RIL code. Basically D605 is using a pretty new SoC and baseband. I suspect (but I am not 100% sure) it will work better with newer code (aka CM10.1, CM10.2, CM11) which is more up to date with latest Qualcomm stuff. That's why I'd like to port CM 10.1 at least.

I can try fixing it for you, but guys please do follow bug reporting guidelines (as in the OP). I am not able to locate the problem if you don't provide logs. Simple "this doesn't work" or "that doesn't work" is not enough in 90% of cases.

LiudvikasLTU

Jun 12, 2012
If you still have problem after data and cache wipe (with v4 release) then unfortunately you seem to be unlucky one with "odd" SIM card. To get data working I had to do a *very* dirty hack in RIL code. Basically D605 is using a pretty new SoC and baseband. I suspect (but I am not 100% sure) it will work better with newer code (aka CM10.1, CM10.2, CM11) which is more up to date with latest Qualcomm stuff. That's why I'd like to port CM 10.1 at least.

I can try fixing it for you, but guys please do follow bug reporting guidelines (as in the OP). I am not able to locate the problem if you don't provide logs. Simple "this doesn't work" or "that doesn't work" is not enough in 90% of cases.

Of course, just tell me what to log. (And how :p)
Other than that, I am really enjoying the ROM :)
Also, could be code from original RIL code be used with CM one to make a hybrid?

Last edited:

Varcain

Nov 8, 2013
Wrocław
Of course, just tell me what to log. (And how :p)
Other than that, I am really enjoying the ROM :)
Also, could be code from original RIL code be used with CM one to make a hybrid?

The thing is we don't have the original code. It is locked up in Java framework, it's closed source and I don't feel like spending months on reverse engineering from smali to have it exactly as in stock. RIL spans across c/c++ libraries and Java code in Android's framework and it's one of the most complicated things in Android.

We have to keep our fingers crossed that newer versions of CM have better RIL support for our phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    21.03.2014 RELEASE #4 UPDATE

Here is first ever CM for LG D605 (Optimus L9 II).
    This is unofficial ROM and might have some serious faults, if this breaks your phone or they fire you from your job because alarm didn't start it will be your own fault since you have installed it. You have been warned!

The installation procedure was tested with unbranded phone (OPEN_EU variant). This might not work with branded ROM (but it would be good if someone check it).

Sources can be found at:
    https://github.com/Varcain/android_kernel_lge_d605
    https://github.com/Varcain/android_device_lge_d605

Things that don't work and won't be included in this ROM by default (possible enable by porting stock apps):
    - FM radio
    - IR port

Things that I already know that don't work at all or are bugged:
    - NFC (no support at all yet)
    - Manual service network selection (only auto supported right now)
    - SIM card contact/SMS reading

For best battery life keep bluetooth off if you are not using it. It will keep constant wakelock if left on right now

NEWEST RELEASE #4
    - Added USB tethering
    - Added Bluetooth tethering
    - Working move to sd-card function (but MTP on internal memory is disabled, external SD card is now mandatory)
    - Vibration patterns tuning
    - Correct WLAN and Bluetooth MAC addresses should be used now

CHANGES FROM RELEASE #3
    - Fixed first call with no voice bug
    - Fixed incoming call volumes

CHANGES FROM RELEASE #2
    - Fixed voice call volume
    - Fixed mute microphone option during calls

NEWEST ROM RELEASE #4:
    d605_cm10_v4.zip - 164.61 MB
    GAPPS:
    http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

Old releases:
    release #3:
    http://d-h.st/Zr4

How to install:
    1. Flash CWM (from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50407619)
    2. Download the ROM and gapps to sdcard
    3. Boot to recovery
    4. Wipe all userdata
    5. Install CyanogenMod first then gapps
    6. Reboot.

Now wait for CM to boot... (first boot will take longer as always).

For reporting bugs/problems:
    - Send me logcat output (it would be good to have "logcat -b radio" output too if this is related to sim card/radio)
    - Send me dmesg output
    If you experience reboot (kernel panic most likely) then send me contents of /proc/last_kmsg (you have to copy this right after reboot, you can do it from terminal application if you don't have access to PC with adb at that time).
    They have released the KK kernel today. I will begin work on cm11 soon.

In progress :)

New release is coming today.

What's new:
    - USB tethering
    - BT tethering
    - Correct MAC addresses for WiFi and BT
    - I disabled internal SD card MTP partition. Thanks to that "move to sd card" option will be enabled and more precious internal memory will be saved. However this means you won't be able to store anything without SD card inserted. If you don't have any sd card (or your sd card is small capacity one, e.g. less than 4GB) then don't install this release.
    - I also updated vibration patterns for built-in keyboard and virtual keys (e.g. return, home, menu).

I will try building this one with recent Linaro toolchain (if it will work then with GCC 4.8). We will see if we will get performance boost.

EDIT:

V4 is up, have fun!
    Some update on my work/progress below
    This is what you can expect in next release:
    - USB tethering
    - Bluetooth tethering
    - Currently WiFi and Bluetooth MAC addresses are fakes. This might cause problems, most notably BT tethering didn't work because of that. I found out how to obtain proper MAC addresses and this will be fixed in newest release.

Stuff that might be included in next release but I don't promise it( even if I include it it won't be tested since I don't have equipment to do it):
    - NFC

Stuff that I'd like to get done before I move on to porting CM 10.1:
    - SIM card contacts/smses
    - Manual service operator selection
    - Bluetooth wakelocks problem fix

That means the beginning of CM 10.1 development is close.