Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,050 Members 43,113 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

High Battery Use by Android System

Tip us?
 
Rokanaske
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 24
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default High Battery Use by Android System

I am on Stock 4.4.2 for the D800 and Android System seems to be abnormally high. On the battery usage page Cell stand by is at 34% Android System 30%, screen 20%, and Phone Idle at 6%. Is this normal? Im sure i never had Android system that high before
 
bukmba
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 37
Join Date: Jul 2013
That's normal. Disable double tap to wake and you'll see a huge difference. Anyway battery is nevertheless great and disabling that feature isn't worth it as the power button us difficult to reach on the back of the phone.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
 
Rokanaske
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 24
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bukmba View Post
That's normal. Disable double tap to wake and you'll see a huge difference. Anyway battery is nevertheless great and disabling that feature isn't worth it as the power button us difficult to reach on the back of the phone.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
Thats the thing though, i do have a lot of those features turned off. My double tap to wake up is turned off so i would imagine that i should not be getting a load that high
 
bukmba
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 37
Join Date: Jul 2013
If Knock On is off then you should not get that load indeed. I assume you already I installed a wakelock detector. I am afraid I don't have much other idea.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
 
feeling7
Old
#5  
feeling7's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 26
Join Date: Mar 2014
IMHO battery is working better on cyanogenmod than stock.
 
Rokanaske
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 24
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bukmba View Post
If Knock On is off then you should not get that load indeed. I assume you already I installed a wakelock detector. I am afraid I don't have much other idea.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
I think i do know the issue. I use All Access pass from Google and there is just a bunch of problems with that and 4.4.2, so if i had to guess it would be that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeling7 View Post
IMHO battery is working better on cyanogenmod than stock.
Thats what i heard, im thinking about it but i want them to hit a stable build on kitkat before i try it
 
bukmba
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 37
Join Date: Jul 2013
I use All Access as well and the drain on the battery isn't much different from Spotify and the likes. I tried CM and other Rom but back to stock because none of them was really stable. (occasional reboots)

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
 
Rokanaske
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 24
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bukmba View Post
I use All Access as well and the drain on the battery isn't much different from Spotify and the likes. I tried CM and other Rom but back to stock because none of them was really stable. (occasional reboots)

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
Yeah, but since there are issues with All Access and 4.4.2 on all platforms i think thats the issue. Im still not sure what the Android System usage is going towards, but i think it may be Facebook issue. I'm not 100% sure though still testing. I dont even have have that many apps installed.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Add the Xperia Z2 Lock Screen to Your Favorite KitKat ROM

Almost every OEM adds its own unique flair to their stock firmwares. While some of … more

Android App Review: Control Your Phone with Quick Control Panel – XDA Developer TV

Your Android smart device has many features that you … more

Play Music on Android Wear with Stellio Music Player

Android Wear smartwatchesare growing inpopularity every day. Some devices have already … more

Schedule is up for xda:devcon ’14

With xda:devcon ’14 just around the corner, and the venue close to selling out, there is a lot … more