Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,580 Members 40,754 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto G,worth for this situation or not?

Tip us?

Robert-
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Phone Moto G,worth for this situation or not?

Hii.
So,I have this friend. She have an chinese ****ty phone (Huawei G740) with many problems at camera,stock android,more and more ...
She want's to return that phone and I wanna buy her an Moto G.(she don't like Nexus 5 so..)
I have some questions:
1)She plays games (alot,that's why I love her ) like GTA San Andreas (on almost max settings ,g740 has dual-core krait 200 with adreno 305,it performs lower than Moto G in benchs so it should play it fine,right?),Asphalt 8,Dead Trigger 2..
2)With this Huawei,the focus in video it's almost 0. it has 1080p ,but low details and the focus ...IS BAD,sometimes can't get any focus anywhere(even in photos).
How is the front camera(compared to Nexus 5 for ex)? She's doing selfies all the time,so that's a important thing for her.
How is the video? I know it is 720P only,but it is ok?
3)The audio quality in headphones is ok? I mean,on CM11 ( I will root/install a custom Rom on it) is it better than stock,right?
The audio quality/sound loudness is another important factor..
Thank you !
Galaxy S+(used as an iPod )
ROM: CM11
Nexus 5(main)
ROM: PAC
Kernel: Stock

ajeetone
Old
Thanks Meter 32
This phone is not not made for her... :-$ better go with nexus 5

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

TheDj408
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Its very good for gaming no lags whatsoever and sound quality is good on stock too... didint try cm and camera is decent focuses well

padhu1989
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Go for nexus 5....

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

petraru1
Old
(Last edited by petraru1; 14th April 2014 at 10:47 AM.)
Thanks Meter 326

DONATE TO ME
He said that his girlfriend doesn't like the nexus 5, but some people recomend the phone, maybe its reverse psihology )
The phone is pretty good, most high end games run smooth, i didn't test gta san andreas, but real racing 3, asphalt 8, dead trigger 2 run good, no frame drops. But if she wants a phone for gaming should go for higher priced phones, by the way, san andreas stutter on note 3 and s4, so...
The camera is pretty decent and the auto focus when you are recording is working good. Pictures are sometimes better than s4 mini with 8 mp. The front camera is ok, and the audio is pretty impresive, if you have quality headphones the sound is amazing.

I use the phone with the stock rom, but it is a matter of taste, i feel that the stock rom is better optimized and its more smooth, but that is just my opinion, you have ROMs and kernels to chose.
The awsome Moto G
------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy Express GT-i8730 - sold
Samsung Galaxy Advance GT-i9070 - sold
ROM: LightJB
kernel: CoCore-E 6.2
Alternative ROOT method for JellyBean

Robert-
Old
(Last edited by Robert-; 14th April 2014 at 12:19 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by petraru1 View Post
He said that his girlfriend doesn't like the nexus 5, but some people recomend the phone, maybe its reverse psihology )
The phone is pretty good, most high end games run smooth, i didn't test gta san andreas, but real racing 3, asphalt 8, dead trigger 2 run good, no frame drops. But if she wants a phone for gaming should go for higher priced phones, by the way, san andreas stutter on note 3 and s4, so...
The camera is pretty decent and the auto focus when you are recording is working good. Pictures are sometimes better than s4 mini with 8 mp. The front camera is ok, and the audio is pretty impresive, if you have quality headphones the sound is amazing.

I use the phone with the stock rom, but it is a matter of taste, i feel that the stock rom is better optimized and its more smooth, but that is just my opinion, you have ROMs and kernels to chose.
If I could go for something more expansive,I would go for Sony Z1 Compact.
But right now,that's all I can get.
I saw this phone lags on Gta . well,it's just a game,it is ok
The problem is,I can't understand something: This huawei have the same gpu as Moto G but a dual-core krait 200. Why the Huawei can play at almost max with like 20-25fps and Moto G lags on low?
I can't decide what to do..I really want to buy something..another opinions?
I'm in London right now and I have something like 180-200 ,I think this is the best option..
Nexus 5(main)

petraru1
Old
Thanks Meter 326

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert- View Post
If I could go for something more expansive,I would go for Sony Z1 Compact.
But right now,that's all I can get.
I saw this phone lags on Gta . well,it's just a game,it is ok
The problem is,I can't understand something: This huawei have the same gpu as Moto G but a dual-core krait 200. Why the Huawei can play at almost max with like 20-25fps and Moto G lags on low?
I can't decide what to do..I really want to buy something..another opinions?
I'm in London right now and I have something like 180-200 ,I think this is the best option..
The only game i didn't test was gta san andreas, i have a friend with a stock s4 (adreno 320) and gta is lagging on med settings, if you search san andreas on note 3 you will see it lags even on adreno 330. My old samsung galaxy express with adreno 305 and 1.2 dual core was runing gta on max settings pretty decent, but touchwizz was horibble on day to day usage. I am a casual gamer, the most apps i use are mail, chrome, quick office, camera, ssh, autocad 360 etc. but this apps are working with no lag, the experience on this phone in general is buttery smooth so maybe some apps are not optimized properly
The awsome Moto G
Samsung Galaxy Express GT-i8730 - sold
Samsung Galaxy Advance GT-i9070 - sold
ROM: LightJB
kernel: CoCore-E 6.2
Alternative ROOT method for JellyBean

ATRIXXIRTA
Old
Thanks Meter 718
You can't beat this phone for the price.

Just don't set your expectations to that of the Nexus 5.

It's not really fair to compare the 2, since they are in COMPLETELY different price brackets.

This Moto G does everything well, except EXTREME multi-tasking, and picture taking.

The camera is decent, dont get me wrong, but if photos are important to you, I would look elsewhere.

What do you want?

- A clean fast near stock Android experience, but with a mediocre camera? - Get the Moto G

- Or a decent mid-ranger with good picture quality? Look at a mid-range Nokia
Phones: Motorola Atrix 4G ---> Samsung Galaxy Nexus (temporarily) ---> LG Optimus 3d ---> Samsung Galaxy SII LTE Skyrocket ---> LG Optimus G ---> Sony Xperia ZL ---> Motorola Moto G
My Roms/Ports: CarbonRom/CarbonClash (port): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2181390
Thanks: XDA and all its members. Without you I'd still be an uneducated bumpkin complaining about my shi**y phone.

Robert-
Old
(Last edited by Robert-; 14th April 2014 at 07:28 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRIXXIRTA View Post
You can't beat this phone for the price.

Just don't set your expectations to that of the Nexus 5.

It's not really fair to compare the 2, since they are in COMPLETELY different price brackets.

This Moto G does everything well, except EXTREME multi-tasking, and picture taking.

The camera is decent, dont get me wrong, but if photos are important to you, I would look elsewhere.

What do you want?

- A clean fast near stock Android experience, but with a mediocre camera? - Get the Moto G

- Or a decent mid-ranger with good picture quality? Look at a mid-range Nokia
She dosen't like Windows Phone at all,that's the problem.
I guess I'll go for Moto G..I mean,camera is good enough to do photos for facebook,instagram ?
The front camera is ok,right? I saw the front records at 720p,right?
Nexus 5(main)

ATRIXXIRTA
Old
Thanks Meter 718
Yap,

front is 720p.

The quality is decent as long as your in good lighting.
Phones: Motorola Atrix 4G ---> Samsung Galaxy Nexus (temporarily) ---> LG Optimus 3d ---> Samsung Galaxy SII LTE Skyrocket ---> LG Optimus G ---> Sony Xperia ZL ---> Motorola Moto G
My Roms/Ports: CarbonRom/CarbonClash (port): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2181390
Thanks: XDA and all its members. Without you I'd still be an uneducated bumpkin complaining about my shi**y phone.