[Q] Whatsapp/Viber account from lost phone to new one?

OP BrianGM

11th April 2014, 08:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

51 posts
Hi Guys

This is a wierd issue. My daughter is travelling in South America. She has, to all intents and purposes, lost her iPhone 3 or 4 and has bought a new Samsung Galaxy S4. With her new phone she had to buy a sim card. Her only means of contact with us is via Whatsapp and Viber. Since she has a new number and the two apps work off the old phone number is there any way to restore her old accounts to her new phone?

Appreciate some help

Brian
13th April 2014, 04:32 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 526

1,367 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGM

Hi Guys

This is a wierd issue. My daughter is travelling in South America. She has, to all intents and purposes, lost her iPhone 3 or 4 and has bought a new Samsung Galaxy S4. With her new phone she had to buy a sim card. Her only means of contact with us is via Whatsapp and Viber. Since she has a new number and the two apps work off the old phone number is there any way to restore her old accounts to her new phone?

Appreciate some help

Brian

Hello,
As for Viber, she can simply reinstall it on her new device with the new sim, restoring previous account is not available.

Good luck!
14th April 2014, 07:45 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

44 posts
So you are not talking about the messaging history to restore. But the app itself. In that case, I would say try to port the old phone number either to the new galaxy s4 or to a second device. After you get the number ported than its easy to intercept the whatsapp SMS verification code.

For the future, I recommend using a Google voice number to register with these apps. That way, you always have access to the number to verify. Of course you'll than have to deal with two numbers.. one is the real cell phone and the other for whatsapp and other apps.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread