Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,045 Members 38,583 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Handy stuck after CM update

Tip us?

aightbit
Old
(Last edited by aightbit; 13th April 2014 at 01:20 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Prompt [Q] Handy stuck after CM update

Hi guys.

I'm really in need of some big help. I tried to update my phone today (HTC One with OneDroid), because it said there would be a new stable (!) version. So I installed it, but then after rebooting the device, the message "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped." pops up. I can press "OK", but it just appears again, and again, and again. I already had this bug a few times, but I was able to solve it with flashing the rom again.

To the main problem: My PC won't recognize the phone, I'm not able to load a new ROM on the sd card. Fastboot USB also doesn't seem to work. Also, my SIM-Card doesn't seem to work, obviously there must a connection between the error message and this failure.

How can I make it visible on my PC (WIN 7 btw.) so I can load a new ROM on the phone or how can I make the error disappear?

Versions:
OneDroid CM11-20140405-SNAPSHOT-M5-m7
TeamWin Recovery
HTC undlocked via HTC Dev.

Already tried factory reset, bug still existing, so I guess it's because of the actually unstable ROM. How can I make my PC recognize the phone?

Thanks in advance!

windieboss
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Did you take a nandroid backup in TWRP before flashing the new rom/update?

If you can boot normally your pc wont recognize your phone, thus not being able to copy another rom zip, then do it via adb sideload.

mb_guy
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by aightbit View Post
Hi guys.

I'm really in need of some big help. I tried to update my phone today (HTC One with OneDroid), because it said there would be a new stable (!) version. So I installed it, but then after rebooting the device, the message "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped." pops up. I can press "OK", but it just appears again, and again, and again. I already had this bug a few times, but I was able to solve it with flashing the rom again.

To the main problem: My PC won't recognize the phone, I'm not able to load a new ROM on the sd card. Fastboot USB also doesn't seem to work. Also, my SIM-Card doesn't seem to work, obviously there must a connection between the error message and this failure.

How can I make it visible on my PC (WIN 7 btw.) so I can load a new ROM on the phone or how can I make the error disappear?

Versions:
OneDroid CM11-20140405-SNAPSHOT-M5-m7
TeamWin Recovery
HTC undlocked via HTC Dev.

Already tried factory reset, bug still existing, so I guess it's because of the actually unstable ROM. How can I make my PC recognize the phone?

Thanks in advance!
See FAQ 2 in @nkk71 guide to help get your pc talking to device
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2541082
Phone: HTC One- Rogers unlocked
Rom: 4.4.2 Stock Sense 6
Stock Kernel

Old Phone: HTC Sensation, HD2, Tilt
Rom: ARHD
kernel: stock

aightbit
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_guy View Post
See FAQ 2 in @nkk71 guide to help get your pc talking to device
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2541082
Thanks, trying to get it fixed now again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windieboss View Post
Did you take a nandroid backup in TWRP before flashing the new rom/update?

If you can boot normally your pc wont recognize your phone, thus not being able to copy another rom zip, then do it via adb sideload.
Unfortunately not, no backup made. Thanks for the tip with adb sideload.

aightbit
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Fixed it, thanks for the tips!