Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 44,843 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Looking for Older HTC Sync Manager installer/Rezound drivers

Tip us?

cntryby429
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Default Looking for Older HTC Sync Manager installer/Rezound drivers

So I'm troubleshooting an issue I'm having with a nonbooting Rezound. Long story short, the battery ran down while in recovery (Philz Touch) and now it won't boot into ROM, bootloader, or recovery. I can't get the charging light to come on for more than a few medium flashes and one long flash when plugged in (wall, usb, 24+ hours). I can't even get it recognized on usb with the battery pulled and the "adb devices" command. I plug it in and I hear the usb connection sound but my computer shows an error for ADR6425lwv in device manager and tells me the driver isn't installed/needed which I suspect is the problem.

I recently uninstalled all things HTC to S-off my new One M8 (per firewater instructions) and now that I'm having these problems with drivers I want to reinstall HTC Sync for the drivers. However, I see that the Rezound is conspicuously missing from the list of supported devices on the HTC Sync website. Does anyone have an older installer or know of another way to ensure I actually have the necessary drivers for the Rezound? Win7 x64. Thanks in advance.

pball52998
Old
Thanks Meter 107
If you're rezound died in CWM (pretty much philz) you might need to follow this guide.. See if it works.. Worth a shot I guess :/ http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=27428049

Sent from my Rezound running PAC-Man with SENSE!! 4.4.2 S-OFF
Main Phone:
Verizon HTC One M8
Liquid Smooth 4.4.4 Nightlies, Insert Coin, and NuSenseSIX
Main Wifi Device:
HTC OG Droid Incredible S-OFF: Cyanogenmod 11
Current Tablet
Sadly A iPad First Gen. iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken with GreenPois0n

cntryby429
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by pball52998 View Post
If you're rezound died in CWM (pretty much philz) you might need to follow this guide.. See if it works.. Worth a shot I guess :/ http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=27428049
Quote:
Thanks for the response. I get the short blinks followed by one long one just like this which I assume tells me my phone is ready to receive adb commands. However, as I said earlier, adb returns nothing with the "adb devices" command. Therefore I can't send reboot or flash commands. It's looking more and more like a basic driver issue to me. I just can't find the driver and it looks like HTC sync doesn't contain it anymore. Could someone at least give me the driver version from device manager to help me with Google search terms?

pball52998
Old
Thanks Meter 107
http://sleezers.blogspot.com/2012/01...-sync.html?m=1 here's what I used. Worked perfect for me... Also with the phone is off. You won't get any thing back with your trying adb. I'm pretty sure you only get it in recovery or when the phone is in USB debugging mode. Or that's the only time I've gotten it to work

Main Phone:
Verizon HTC One M8
Main Wifi Device:
Current Tablet

cntryby429
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
http://sleezers.blogspot.com/2012/01...-sync.html?m=1 here's what I used. Worked perfect for me... Also with the phone is off. You won't get any thing back with your trying adb. I'm pretty sure you only get it in recovery or when the phone is in USB debugging mode. Or that's the only time I've gotten it to work
Hey nice find although it turns out I didn't need it. I had an Unbuntu Live CD booted on my laptop for a completely unrelated project and all of the sudden my phone booted up. It was still connected to the computer but only because I had forgotten about it. I don't even know what made it turn on, I wasn't touching it and didn't have adb installed since it was only a live CD. Anyway, it booted up and I let it sit and charge for an our or so. When I was done with Unbuntu, I rebooted into Windows, plugged the phone in and bingo, it found/installed the drivers. I can explain neither my initial problem nor the random unprompted solution. I'm sure glad it's up and running again though. Thanks again for the link.

pball52998
Old
Thanks Meter 107
whatever makes it work man

Main Phone:
Verizon HTC One M8
Main Wifi Device:
Current Tablet