Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Can't go into fastboot mode. Please help!

OP axlastro

14th April 2014, 08:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8

469 posts
Hello. I have a razr I and decided to unlock the bootloader. I tried the button combination power + volume down several times, but the phone just powers up normally (actually rhe screen flashes for a second, but doesn't go into fastboot mode. I trided using adb reboot fastboot but the device just reboots. What can I do about it?

NVM, just did it by fastboot reboot bootloader...
Last edited by axlastro; 14th April 2014 at 08:49 PM.
14th April 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

469 posts
Ok, one more thing. It seems my device ignores the key combo, but I was still able to get into fastboot mode by using adb. However, I have tried to flash a custom recovery with no success.
I tred using the supplied installer and after rebooting I get to the open robot screen with the red exclamation mark. Then, after holding some keys (not sure if power or power + volume down I get into recovery, but it's still the stock android recovery. Then I tried flashing the recovery image from fastboot mode. It sait the recovery was flashed, but still cannot boot into recovery. What's wrong with my phone?
14th April 2014, 09:50 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 27

81 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by axlastro

Hello. I have a razr I and decided to unlock the bootloader. I tried the button combination power + volume down several times, but the phone just powers up normally (actually rhe screen flashes for a second, but doesn't go into fastboot mode. I trided using adb reboot fastboot but the device just reboots. What can I do about it?

NVM, just did it by fastboot reboot bootloader...

Just incase you need to do it in the future:

Hold volume down, then hold the power button. When it begins to vibrate release the power button and keep the volume down button pressed until you get into fastboot.
14th April 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

469 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGISCI

Just incase you need to do it in the future:

Hold volume down, then hold the power button. When it begins to vibrate release the power button and keep the volume down button pressed until you get into fastboot.

Alright. So how about the never appearing CWM recovery?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread