Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Okay Google Now not enabled

OP Nick123194

12th January 2014, 08:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

115 posts
For some reason the home screen on my google now for the latest omnirom build isn't enable. It doesn't have the "Okay Google Now" inside the google search bar. Is it something to do with the gapps I downloaded?
14th January 2014, 10:13 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 27

176 posts
Donate to Me
More
It has to do with the installed language, I think. The workaround is to uninstall and then reinstall your Google Search, or move it from system app to user app, and back. I had success with the first option. Then I had to uninstall and reinstall GEL to get it to recognise the new Search and not hang at the end of the boot.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tsukasa Buddha For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukasa Buddha

It has to do with the installed language, I think. The workaround is to uninstall and then reinstall your Google Search, or move it from system app to user app, and back. I had success with the first option. Then I had to uninstall and reinstall GEL to get it to recognise the new Search and not hang at the end of the boot.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling google search and lost my desktop it reverted back to stock. How would I go about moving the app from/system to /usr and back? Where is the.apk located?

Thanks
18th January 2014, 04:54 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 27

176 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp7867

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling google search and lost my desktop it reverted back to stock. How would I go about moving the app from/system to /usr and back? Where is the.apk located?

Thanks

You mean the your homescreen setup? Yeah. sorry I forgot to tell you that would happen. The important question is, did it fix hotword? Also, sometimes the text disappears but the mic is filled in as still functions. Be on the watch for that behavior as well.

As for system/user app converting, I have always used Titanium Backup for that.
18th January 2014, 07:01 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
Quote:

You mean the your homescreen setup? Yeah. sorry I forgot to tell you that would happen. The important question is, did it fix hotword? Also, sometimes the text disappears but the mic is filled in as still functions. Be on the watch for that behavior as well.

As for system/user app converting, I have always used Titanium Backup for that.

No it didn't...I'll try titanium backup... np I always have a current back up...

Thanks
18th January 2014, 02:08 PM   |  #6  
On the top Loading Rail
Thanks Meter: 868

2,263 posts
More
Do you have Chrome Beta installed? If so then that is your problem.
18th January 2014, 03:07 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

115 posts
Yeah I think I might have had chrome beta installed

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st January 2014, 11:51 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 78

266 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick123194

Yeah I think I might have had chrome beta installed

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Go to settings accessibility and disable services one by one to see which one is causing Google Now to fail listening.
14th April 2014, 10:21 PM   |  #9  
Flag Anchorage, Alaska
Thanks Meter: 6

18 posts
Lightbulb Fixed
Quote:

Thank you Tsukasa Buddha-- I used the second option with Titanium Backup to convert it from a system app to a user app and then back and it is now working properly on my sgh-i337m Galaxy S4. You're the best!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread