App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

[Q] Okay Google Now not enabled

12th January 2014, 07:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

115 posts
For some reason the home screen on my google now for the latest omnirom build isn't enable. It doesn't have the "Okay Google Now" inside the google search bar. Is it something to do with the gapps I downloaded?
14th January 2014, 09:13 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 23

143 posts
Donate to Me
More
It has to do with the installed language, I think. The workaround is to uninstall and then reinstall your Google Search, or move it from system app to user app, and back. I had success with the first option. Then I had to uninstall and reinstall GEL to get it to recognise the new Search and not hang at the end of the boot.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tsukasa Buddha For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2014, 08:04 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukasa Buddha

It has to do with the installed language, I think. The workaround is to uninstall and then reinstall your Google Search, or move it from system app to user app, and back. I had success with the first option. Then I had to uninstall and reinstall GEL to get it to recognise the new Search and not hang at the end of the boot.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling google search and lost my desktop it reverted back to stock. How would I go about moving the app from/system to /usr and back? Where is the.apk located?

Thanks
18th January 2014, 03:54 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 23

143 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp7867

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling google search and lost my desktop it reverted back to stock. How would I go about moving the app from/system to /usr and back? Where is the.apk located?

Thanks

You mean the your homescreen setup? Yeah. sorry I forgot to tell you that would happen. The important question is, did it fix hotword? Also, sometimes the text disappears but the mic is filled in as still functions. Be on the watch for that behavior as well.

As for system/user app converting, I have always used Titanium Backup for that.
18th January 2014, 06:01 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
Quote:

You mean the your homescreen setup? Yeah. sorry I forgot to tell you that would happen. The important question is, did it fix hotword? Also, sometimes the text disappears but the mic is filled in as still functions. Be on the watch for that behavior as well.

As for system/user app converting, I have always used Titanium Backup for that.

No it didn't...I'll try titanium backup... np I always have a current back up...

Thanks
18th January 2014, 01:08 PM   |  #6  
On the top Loading Rail
Thanks Meter: 632

1,423 posts
More
Do you have Chrome Beta installed? If so then that is your problem.
18th January 2014, 02:07 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

115 posts
Yeah I think I might have had chrome beta installed

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st January 2014, 10:51 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 73

264 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick123194

Yeah I think I might have had chrome beta installed

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Go to settings accessibility and disable services one by one to see which one is causing Google Now to fail listening.
14th April 2014, 09:21 PM   |  #9  
Flag Anchorage, Alaska
Thanks Meter: 6

18 posts
Lightbulb Fixed
Quote:

Thank you Tsukasa Buddha-- I used the second option with Titanium Backup to convert it from a system app to a user app and then back and it is now working properly on my sgh-i337m Galaxy S4. You're the best!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread