XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HKC recovery mode

Tip us?

RawX
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] HKC recovery mode

The title pretty much says it all, but I bought a HKC P776A tablet, and to say the most support is non existent for this product/brand, I've rooted it myself which was hard to figure out specially the drivers...but what I can't figure out is how to put this device into recovery mode on boot? And if it can I have no idea how you could even navigate it seeing as it only has home and power buttons as physical...Any ideas?

stessmer2011
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Smile Rockchip

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawX View Post
The title pretty much says it all, but I bought a HKC P776A tablet, and to say the most support is non existent for this product/brand, I've rooted it myself which was hard to figure out specially the drivers...but what I can't figure out is how to put this device into recovery mode on boot? And if it can I have no idea how you could even navigate it seeing as it only has home and power buttons as physical...Any ideas?
I have same Just restart without usb plugged in and press the home button plug it in and it should show up but cant get to the robot
Unless you keep unplugged power off hold power and hold till hkc logo pops up release the power button or vice versa and use the home key to select recovery But i never got that Far i need help myself
Code:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2597352

bhasden
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawX View Post
If you install the appropriate CWM Recovery, you can swipe up and down on the screen to change the selection and then swipe left to select or right to go back.

RawX
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhasden View Post
If you install the appropriate CWM Recovery, you can swipe up and down on the screen to change the selection and then swipe left to select or right to go back.

Thank you :b I have already gotten CWM installed though ^-^ made full backups and everything :P but thank you!

Sweetcaroline00
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Hkc p776a firmware update???

I too have a hkc p776a... And have found that support has been basically nonexistent since i bought it from Walmart.com around xmas 2013.
---unti i finally found the few pists here abput it at xda.. Thank god other people do have this tablet (that i thought was a gooddeal....) and are having the same problems as mme so i don't feel QUITE as stupid anyway...

I have the 8g p776a
Android version 4.1.1
Kernal version 3.0.8
I was wondering if its possible to update the firmware at all really. To android version 4.2 or above
Because it seems lie every app i am wanting/needing lately the Google play store tells me that my device isnt compatible.
Can someone please steer me in the right direction here. What steps (if this has been made possible yet) do i need to take here? Do ineed to root?
Thanks for any help!