Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,912 Members 40,221 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashed new RIM and lost root. HELP?

Tip us?

Anthonyr740
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Flashed new RIM and lost root. HELP?

So I have a galaxy s4 m919 and flashed a galaxy s5 based rom using mobile odin. I was coming from cyanide mod 11. When I booted up and started to try to use Titanium backup it said I wasn't rooted. I went into Cwm and rebooted it asked if I wanted to restore root system/xbin/sure but I still don't have root. My phone now says I have a SM-G900F. Do I need to re-root my phone or can I take any easier steps? Also do I need to use my phone as a SM-G900F or is it still a m919 my phone just thinks it an SM-G900F? Kind of confused any help would be good. Thanks

Skipjacks
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthonyr740 View Post
So I have a galaxy s4 m919 and flashed a galaxy s5 based rom using mobile odin. I was coming from cyanide mod 11. When I booted up and started to try to use Titanium backup it said I wasn't rooted. I went into Cwm and rebooted it asked if I wanted to restore root system/xbin/sure but I still don't have root. My phone now says I have a SM-G900F. Do I need to re-root my phone or can I take any easier steps? Also do I need to use my phone as a SM-G900F or is it still a m919 my phone just thinks it an SM-G900F? Kind of confused any help would be good. Thanks
Well it's still a M919. It didn't transform into different hardware.

If the ROM you are using is legitimately compatible with the phone, just flash a superuser script from recovery. It should work, unless the kenel on that ROM is preventing it from working.

The phone model showing as a SM-G900F is just in the build.prop file and is relatively meaningless. Taht will go back to M919 when you flash an S4 ROM.
Do you want insanely better battery drain when your phone is idle? Check out this thread!
Have a question about the T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4? Click here for the Help Thread!

Anthonyr740
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
okay awesome. Thanks for the help. And I'm some what a noob so what is a SU script?

Bubbled
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
download the latest Super User and flash it in recovery.

http://download.chainfire.eu/372/SuperSU/

pretty sure that the link on that page is for the newest version.

good luck

Skyraider 4.3 Incredikernel

elcocho852
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Why does this happen?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2