[Q] Flashed new RIM and lost root. HELP?

OP Anthonyr740

11th April 2014, 09:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
So I have a galaxy s4 m919 and flashed a galaxy s5 based rom using mobile odin. I was coming from cyanide mod 11. When I booted up and started to try to use Titanium backup it said I wasn't rooted. I went into Cwm and rebooted it asked if I wanted to restore root system/xbin/sure but I still don't have root. My phone now says I have a SM-G900F. Do I need to re-root my phone or can I take any easier steps? Also do I need to use my phone as a SM-G900F or is it still a m919 my phone just thinks it an SM-G900F? Kind of confused any help would be good. Thanks
11th April 2014, 10:22 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 3,930

4,982 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthonyr740

So I have a galaxy s4 m919 and flashed a galaxy s5 based rom using mobile odin. I was coming from cyanide mod 11. When I booted up and started to try to use Titanium backup it said I wasn't rooted. I went into Cwm and rebooted it asked if I wanted to restore root system/xbin/sure but I still don't have root. My phone now says I have a SM-G900F. Do I need to re-root my phone or can I take any easier steps? Also do I need to use my phone as a SM-G900F or is it still a m919 my phone just thinks it an SM-G900F? Kind of confused any help would be good. Thanks

Well it's still a M919. It didn't transform into different hardware.

If the ROM you are using is legitimately compatible with the phone, just flash a superuser script from recovery. It should work, unless the kenel on that ROM is preventing it from working.

The phone model showing as a SM-G900F is just in the build.prop file and is relatively meaningless. Taht will go back to M919 when you flash an S4 ROM.
11th April 2014, 10:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
okay awesome. Thanks for the help. And I'm some what a noob so what is a SU script?
12th April 2014, 04:06 AM   |  #4  
Flag Roseville
Thanks Meter: 11

79 posts
Donate to Me
More
download the latest Super User and flash it in recovery.

http://download.chainfire.eu/372/SuperSU/

pretty sure that the link on that page is for the newest version.

good luck
14th April 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #5  

35 posts
Why does this happen?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread