Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Device won't boot after failed root attempt

OP SassMaster

31st March 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
So i was trying to root my Nexus 7 for some of the many benefits that you get from rooting and half way through the process i messed up somewhere and now the device is completely bricked. I can't access bootloader or even start up the device at all. I have tried plugging it in to my PC and windows tells me that it isn't a Nexus 7 but instead it's called "QHSUSB_DLOAD" and i can't access it's internal storage at all.

I tried the many combinations of button holding and tried charging it, but still no response. I can't access it at all, it won't start, it's just gone. I can't use any of the features of my rooting toolkit either as it can't recognize the ABD. I was able to access bootloader for a while but when i decided to activate the Recovery mode, i saw the dead android and a warning sign above him.

So, Now it's just completely unresponsive and i can't plug it into a PC. I haven't even seen anything on the internet related to the QHUSB_DLOAD device that keeps appearing. I really need help with this. I can't even find anyone else with this problem, so i'm pretty worried... Also, I'm not used to installing and playing with mobile devices, so try to explain things in clear-ish english so i might actually understand some of the terms you use.
31st March 2014, 12:51 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 105

855 posts
What method were you using to gain root? Was it a toolkit?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app
14th April 2014, 03:33 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckredbeard

What method were you using to gain root? Was it a toolkit?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

Sorry for the late reply. I was trying to find my account for a while as I didn't save my login anywhere. As for a toolkit, yes, I was using the Wugfresh toolkit. Luckily for me, the problem seeming was an overnight fix. After I woke up, I was making breakfast and the tablet just decided to turn on next to me. I didn't even press the power button, which is kinda weird. Either way, Problem solved.

Sent from my now rooted Nexus 7. Awww Yea.
14th April 2014, 11:29 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 6

19 posts
More
Thats the Android Magic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SassMaster

Sorry for the late reply. I was trying to find my account for a while as I didn't save my login anywhere. As for a toolkit, yes, I was using the Wugfresh toolkit. Luckily for me, the problem seeming was an overnight fix. After I woke up, I was making breakfast and the tablet just decided to turn on next to me. I didn't even press the power button, which is kinda weird. Either way, Problem solved.

Sent from my now rooted Nexus 7. Awww Yea.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread