5,595,268 Members 46,994 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Release] JOdin3 CASUAL Cross Platform and Web-Based Flashing For Samsung Phones

Tip us?
 
tatsat
Old
(Last edited by tatsat; 24th March 2014 at 08:27 PM.)
#101  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 20
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New Delhi
Default Does not generate the pit file for me

It does not, somehow. I have Galaxy Y Duos 6102. Phone is detected after "heimdall detect" in ubuntu 13.04 terminal. But the pit file fails

That said, if I download the firmware from across the web with respective pit files- and use your JOdin for flashing it: will it work? I mean it sounds really stupid to ask but will it?

Edit- Tried, but was not able to flash a package that I had downloaded. Said "corrupted file".
 
DLAddict
Old
#102  
DLAddict's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 173
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cebu
What causes the F Reset Time checkbox to be disabled?
How do I enable this?
 
adityandroid
Old
#103  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jan 2014
Question Why are some options grayed out?

This maybe a silly question, but however sillier it may feel, I need to know why some options are grayed out.

Is it because they are yet to be implemented?
Or can they be enabled somehow?

If it is yet to be implemented, let me know somehow about it (I'll be visiting this page or the webite...say once a month at least)

BTW thanks for the great app.
 
AdamOutler
Old
#104  
AdamOutler's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 9428
Posts: 5,123
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Louisiana

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by adityandroid View Post
This maybe a silly question, but however sillier it may feel, I need to know why some options are grayed out.

Is it because they are yet to be implemented?
Or can they be enabled somehow?

If it is yet to be implemented, let me know somehow about it (I'll be visiting this page or the webite...say once a month at least)

BTW thanks for the great app.
They aren't implemented.
Flash with Odin on Windows, Linux and Mac. Use JOdin3, Available in a web browser or offline
Check out my developer pages. Add me to your circles on Google Plus.
The Following User Says Thank You to AdamOutler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
roniez
Old
#105  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 103
Posts: 290
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Amsterdam
Hey everybody.

I tried to access the webpage and i keep on clicking next and etc..

and all i get is a white page that shows up nothing else happens.

This happens on both a Windows PC and a Mac OSX computer.
the OSX has heimdall installed.

Any idea what could be wrong in this case.

----------------
 
wirespot
Old
#106  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 14
Join Date: Sep 2013
Having trouble flashing stock firmware (1.5GB) for S4 Mini. JOdin fails while decompressing system.img.ext4 (~1.4GB) with "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space". The tmp dir has enough space in it. I tried using -Xmx2g but it doesn't help.

Code:
decompressing file:/home/tmp/CASUALtravis-2014-04-13-16.46.58/sbl1.mbn
decompressing file:/home/tmp/CASUALtravis-2014-04-13-16.46.58/sbl2.mbn
decompressing file:/home/tmp/CASUALtravis-2014-04-13-16.46.58/sbl3.mbn
decompressing file:/home/tmp/CASUALtravis-2014-04-13-16.46.58/rpm.mbn
decompressing file:/home/tmp/CASUALtravis-2014-04-13-16.46.58/aboot.mbn
decompressing file:/home/tmp/CASUALtravis-2014-04-13-16.46.58/tz.mbn
decompressing file:/home/tmp/CASUALtravis-2014-04-13-16.46.58/boot.img
decompressing file:/home/tmp/CASUALtravis-2014-04-13-16.46.58/recovery.img
decompressing file:/home/tmp/CASUALtravis-2014-04-13-16.46.58/system.img.ext4
Exception in thread "Thread-61" [DEBUG]Run Heimdall from DeviceCommunicationProtocol:/usr/local/bin/heimdall detect
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
	at CASUAL.communicationstools.heimdall.odin.OdinFile.extractOdinContents(OdinFile.java:145)
	at CASUAL.communicationstools.heimdall.odin.Odin.getHeimdallFileParametersFromOdinFile(Odin.java:50)
	at com.casual_dev.jodin.JOdinController$13.run(JOdinController.java:583)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
 
AdamOutler
Old
#107  
AdamOutler's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 9428
Posts: 5,123
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Louisiana

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirespot View Post
Having trouble flashing stock firmware (1.5GB) for S4 Mini. JOdin fails while decompressing system.img.ext4 (~1.4GB) with "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space". The tmp dir has enough space in it. I tried using -Xmx2g but it doesn't help.

Code:
decompressing file:/home/tmp/CASUALtravis-2014-04-13-16.46.58/sbl1.mbn
decompressing file:/home/tmp/CASUALtravis-2014-04-13-16.46.58/sbl2.mbn
decompressing file:/home/tmp/CASUALtravis-2014-04-13-16.46.58/sbl3.mbn
decompressing file:/home/tmp/CASUALtravis-2014-04-13-16.46.58/rpm.mbn
decompressing file:/home/tmp/CASUALtravis-2014-04-13-16.46.58/aboot.mbn
decompressing file:/home/tmp/CASUALtravis-2014-04-13-16.46.58/tz.mbn
decompressing file:/home/tmp/CASUALtravis-2014-04-13-16.46.58/boot.img
decompressing file:/home/tmp/CASUALtravis-2014-04-13-16.46.58/recovery.img
decompressing file:/home/tmp/CASUALtravis-2014-04-13-16.46.58/system.img.ext4
Exception in thread "Thread-61" [DEBUG]Run Heimdall from DeviceCommunicationProtocol:/usr/local/bin/heimdall detect
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
	at CASUAL.communicationstools.heimdall.odin.OdinFile.extractOdinContents(OdinFile.java:145)
	at CASUAL.communicationstools.heimdall.odin.Odin.getHeimdallFileParametersFromOdinFile(Odin.java:50)
	at com.casual_dev.jodin.JOdinController$13.run(JOdinController.java:583)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
Heimdall won't handle large files. I've not yet even tried that. You can't flash system images. Read the directions about "large files"
Flash with Odin on Windows, Linux and Mac. Use JOdin3, Available in a web browser or offline
Check out my developer pages. Add me to your circles on Google Plus.
 
AdamOutler
Old
#108  
AdamOutler's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 9428
Posts: 5,123
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Louisiana

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by roniez View Post
Hey everybody.

I tried to access the webpage and i keep on clicking next and etc..

and all i get is a white page that shows up nothing else happens.

This happens on both a Windows PC and a Mac OSX computer.
the OSX has heimdall installed.

Any idea what could be wrong in this case.
We took the site down because of SSL problems. SSL is reenabled so things are working fine now.
Flash with Odin on Windows, Linux and Mac. Use JOdin3, Available in a web browser or offline
Check out my developer pages. Add me to your circles on Google Plus.
The Following User Says Thank You to AdamOutler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
rossm1873
Old
#109  
rossm1873's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 314
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: scotland
Hey I'm trying to flash cf auto root onto my galaxy s4 using my mac and this program. My mac is an up to date one with mavericks installed. Once I connect my phone it goes green in odin and says it's connected, i select the pda file and then it asks to get the pit file. The program doesn't automatically reset my phone though. I manually turn it off then put it back into download mode then it eventually gets the pit file. Once I click start the bar at the top says running but nothing happens at all. It just says there. Any ideas where I'm going wrong? Been at this for a while now and done a lot of reading and can't find where I'm going wrong. Thanks
 
wirespot
Old
#110  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 14
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamOutler View Post
Heimdall won't handle large files. I've not yet even tried that. You can't flash system images. Read the directions about "large files"
I saw it now, "don't flash large files, Heimdall has a buffer problem with them". Sorry to hear that, what that basically means is that Heimdall (and JOdin) cannot be used to restore stock firmware, which often comes with a large system image particularly newer phone models, which have larger hardware and carry more stock files.

I hope this can be fixed in the future. I'm glad it can flash small images, like a recovery partition. But flashing stock images is also very useful, and it would be great if Heimdall could do both.

In the meantime, I've dug up the HDD I have Windows installed on and slapped a copy of Odin on there, so I'm good for now.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes