Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,912 Members 40,175 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Pure AOSP Nexus ROM

Tip us?

Boris31
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Post [Q] Pure AOSP Nexus ROM

First of all, hello to all Lg G2 users. I joined the family upgrading from S4 two weeks ago.
I was wondering why there isn't any pure AOSP rom? Is there a big reason or something? We got the same hardware as N5 and from my side i dont know why there aren't any pure AOSP roms at the top of all threds.
Btw the phone is great! And i really fell upgrading from S4 is a big defference.

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris31 View Post
First of all, hello to all Lg G2 users. I joined the family upgrading from S4 two weeks ago.
I was wondering why there isn't any pure AOSP rom? Is there a big reason or something? We got the same hardware as N5 and from my side i dont know why there aren't any pure AOSP roms at the top of all threds.
Btw the phone is great! And i really fell upgrading from S4 is a big defference.
well that's very simple if we were aiming for pure aosp experience than we would have opted for a nexus, actually that isn't true I'm pretty sure the reason there isn't a pure aosp rom is because nobody bothers to make one, there are alternatives like cm/aokp/pa and each one is better than pure because they have new things to play with, im pretty sure that it wouldn't be hard to make a pure aosp rom I mean it'd be a simple as taking cm, removing all the features and making it look as nexus as possible

Boris31
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
well that's very simple if we were aiming for pure aosp experience than we would have opted for a nexus, actually that isn't true I'm pretty sure the reason there isn't a pure aosp rom is because nobody bothers to make one, there are alternatives like cm/aokp/pa and each one is better than pure because they have new things to play with, im pretty sure that it wouldn't be hard to make a pure aosp rom I mean it'd be a simple as taking cm, removing all the features and making it look as nexus as possible
Well, i think that pure AOSP roms are always welcome to any device. I'm not a developers or got a lot of free time so i cant create it myself that's why i'm asking.
LG G2(D802) with ClaudyFlex 2.0
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
Owned phones: LG G2 D802(now), Samsung Galaxy s4(I9505), LG Optimus 4x HD, Samsung Galaxy S plus, HTC Desire S, HTC Wildfire.
Tablet: Nexus 7(2013)
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
Rom: Stock 4.4.2 rooted
Kernel: ElemantalX-2.10+

Everything is possible

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris31 View Post
Well, i think that pure AOSP roms are always welcome to any device. I'm not a developers or got a lot of free time so i cant create it myself that's why i'm asking.
well I am currently trying to learn about making roms so once I'm successful i'll look into making a pure aosp but for now I've got lots to learn