5,605,026 Members 34,599 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Verizon Stock Rooted OTA Debloated VS98012B [12/26/13]

Tip us?

HueyT
Old
Thanks Meter 109
If you want to retry 24A OTA, you must try the MANUAL method. It's a lot safer than trying experimental kernels, radios, roms, etc. I am running 24A OTA (KitKat) stock rom from leaked Verizon (with all the bloatware, rooted with IOROOT25) just fine. If you follow the directions carefully it's perfectly safe. I did install the TWRP 2.7.0.0 designed for 24A and backed up my 24A OTA rooted stock (3 gig compressed, 4 gig uncompressed). Now I'll feel safe trying Malladus 2.0 which should drop tonight (based on stock 24A kk).

workdowg
Old
Thanks Meter 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by workdowg View Post
Kind of weird. When I did a clean install after the KK fiasco , I have no rotation. Any ideas why?
No help for others but for some reason rotation works again. May have been the kernel swapping or the 4 times I dirty flashed the Debloated rom and radio...

And again I'll say all my problems were my own doing and not the fault of this "perfect" rom. I just need to settle down and wait for the good stuff to come.
LG G2 - DeBloated Stock-kk 4.4.2 - VS98024A
GT-P1010 - Karmic6
(Screen is dead - But still using) Acer Iconia A200 - JellyTime_R3
Asus Transformer Infinity TF700t (nvflash) - CROMBi-kk 4/03/2014 -_that9
ASUS MeMO Pad HD 7 - Stock (For now)

Android ROM's, Linux on Android (native and chroot),
Linux News and more

xmexme
Old
(Last edited by xmexme; 9th April 2014 at 11:37 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Question bug ?

Someone has this bug?
Upon answering the call screen go off and I cant wake it up.
I have to reset/restart system after every call.

sefirosu0522
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by workdowg View Post
No help for others but for some reason rotation works again. May have been the kernel swapping or the 4 times I dirty flashed the Debloated rom and radio...

And again I'll say all my problems were my own doing and not the fault of this "perfect" rom. I just need to settle down and wait for the good stuff to come.
Could be wrong but I heard if you flash the kit kat radio, it borks rotation.

Mindrocket
Old
Thanks Meter 114
I lost rotation after flashing the 24 Rom. It didn't boot. Never flashed 24 radio's. Got rotation back by flashing Snuzzo's plain Andy rom. Retained rotation after flashing back to a 12b Rom after that.

big70tom
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Does anyone have trouble getting a gps lock? Mine will not lock at all...

Sent from the BEST phone I've ever owned my LG G2

dinotheo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I don't really feel like wiping this phone as I have everything working the way I want. I am running this rom which I flashed on top of the OTA Stock (rooted) VZW 11a rom. This rom has been great. I really like LG's skin.

Has anyone tried the VZW Stock 24a debloated rom that MicroMod777 has posted? They talk about needing a full wipe. Someone has posted that they flashed this rom on top of 12b.

When VZW pushes out a rom, they don't wipe, so I'd like to try installing 24a without a wipe. (Getting too old to mess with that now...been there done that with running full wipes once/week on previous phones )

I am looking for the easy way out. I am running TWRP 2.7 and I'd like to just be able to flash the baseband and a debloated rom and be on my way.

Lawlrus
Old
Thanks Meter 580
Go to xdabbeb's thread and use his method for going to 24a. It works on all basebands and all you need to do is flash one file to push the 24a aboot

Sent from my Vs980 Running Xdabbeb's 24a

dinotheo
Old
(Last edited by dinotheo; 21st April 2014 at 05:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawlrus View Post
Go to xdabbeb's thread and use his method for going to 24a. It works on all basebands and all you need to do is flash one file to push the 24a aboot

Thanks. I'll go check it out.

---------- Post added 21st April 2014 at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was 20th April 2014 at 11:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinotheo View Post
Looks like that method requires a full wipe. Did you do it without wiping system/data?

Thanks.

Lawlrus
Old
Thanks Meter 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinotheo View Post

---------- Post added 21st April 2014 at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was 20th April 2014 at 11:57 PM ----------

Looks like that method requires a full wipe. Did you do it without wiping system?

Thanks.
Full wipe includes system. You wipe everything except internal. There's no way to flash a that file, or any ROM for that matter without wiping system.

Tags
vs98012b. ota