Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Who has experienced the overheating issue?

OP Sensamic

14th April 2014, 02:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83

738 posts
After playing 25 minutes with a G2 I got a message that the brightness level was going to be automatically reduced to 90% from 100% due to overheating.

This was by just doing basic stuff like web browsing, 2 short YouTube videos, messaging, etc. No gaming at all.

How can the phone overheat just by doing basic stuff?

This reminds me about the overheating issue with the G Pad 8.3 too. LG said they didn't include the Snapdragon 800 due to overheating, and opted instead for the 600.

Who else has experienced the overheating issue? Please explain what where you doing.
14th April 2014, 04:53 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 74

309 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensamic

After playing 25 minutes with a G2 I got a message that the brightness level was going to be automatically reduced to 90% from 100% due to overheating.

This was by just doing basic stuff like web browsing, 2 short YouTube videos, messaging, etc. No gaming at all.

How can the phone overheat just by doing basic stuff?

This reminds me about the overheating issue with the G Pad 8.3 too. LG said they didn't include the Snapdragon 800 due to overheating, and opted instead for the 600.

Who else has experienced the overheating issue? Please explain what where you doing.

I only experienced this when playing Dead Trigger 2 with the Ultra Graphics mod (most demanding game at the moment) and that was after like 15 minutes... it seems for you though that there is a slight problem with your phone, was it charging when doing this?
14th April 2014, 06:51 AM   |  #3  
Flag Tallinn
Thanks Meter: 111

224 posts
More
I had the same problem, the phone would just get randomly hot (as hot as 80°cpu lol), I gave it in for warranty service, it's still sitting there

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
14th April 2014, 07:02 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 16

128 posts
More
Mine gets hot doing various tasks, but I just stop doing them and then it cools down and performance goes back to normal. Also different ROMS have different effects on it.
14th April 2014, 07:19 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

57 posts
More
mine too heating very quickly,,dont know y,,but facing problem every time,,brightness in 40,when play plants vs zombies 10mins ,its heating too much,,temperature of phone shows 50 degrees C
14th April 2014, 08:19 AM   |  #6  
Flag Moenchengladbach
Thanks Meter: 93

194 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy1439

mine too heating very quickly,,dont know y,,but facing problem every time,,brightness in 40,when play plants vs zombies 10mins ,its heating too much,,temperature of phone shows 50 degrees C

I've not experienced any overheating issues on my phone. It's really getting warm when it's charging and I can imagine that there will be some trouble if you charge your phone and are working with a very CPU demanding app.
15th April 2014, 01:09 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83

738 posts
The phone was not charging. Brightness at 100%.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread