FORUMS

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more

Original Moto G Receives Lollipop, OTA Captured

The original Moto G was released almost two years ago. Motorola still continues to … more

Device Review: No.1 X1 Rugged Smartphone

We are almost at the end of Q2 for 2015, and we have seen most of the flagship phones for the … more

When a Friend or Family Member Asks for a Phone Recommendation, What Do You Tell Them?

The majority of us here at XDA would consider … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Who has experienced the overheating issue?

14th April 2014, 01:11 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83

More
After playing 25 minutes with a G2 I got a message that the brightness level was going to be automatically reduced to 90% from 100% due to overheating.

This was by just doing basic stuff like web browsing, 2 short YouTube videos, messaging, etc. No gaming at all.

How can the phone overheat just by doing basic stuff?

This reminds me about the overheating issue with the G Pad 8.3 too. LG said they didn't include the Snapdragon 800 due to overheating, and opted instead for the 600.

Who else has experienced the overheating issue? Please explain what where you doing.

14th April 2014, 03:53 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensamic

After playing 25 minutes with a G2 I got a message that the brightness level was going to be automatically reduced to 90% from 100% due to overheating.

This was by just doing basic stuff like web browsing, 2 short YouTube videos, messaging, etc. No gaming at all.

How can the phone overheat just by doing basic stuff?

This reminds me about the overheating issue with the G Pad 8.3 too. LG said they didn't include the Snapdragon 800 due to overheating, and opted instead for the 600.

Who else has experienced the overheating issue? Please explain what where you doing.

I only experienced this when playing Dead Trigger 2 with the Ultra Graphics mod (most demanding game at the moment) and that was after like 15 minutes... it seems for you though that there is a slight problem with your phone, was it charging when doing this?
14th April 2014, 05:51 AM |#3  
Flag Tallinn
Thanks Meter: 113

More
I had the same problem, the phone would just get randomly hot (as hot as 80°cpu lol), I gave it in for warranty service, it's still sitting there

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
14th April 2014, 06:02 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Mine gets hot doing various tasks, but I just stop doing them and then it cools down and performance goes back to normal. Also different ROMS have different effects on it.
14th April 2014, 06:19 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
mine too heating very quickly,,dont know y,,but facing problem every time,,brightness in 40,when play plants vs zombies 10mins ,its heating too much,,temperature of phone shows 50 degrees C
14th April 2014, 07:19 AM |#6  
Flag Moenchengladbach
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy1439

mine too heating very quickly,,dont know y,,but facing problem every time,,brightness in 40,when play plants vs zombies 10mins ,its heating too much,,temperature of phone shows 50 degrees C

I've not experienced any overheating issues on my phone. It's really getting warm when it's charging and I can imagine that there will be some trouble if you charge your phone and are working with a very CPU demanding app.
15th April 2014, 12:09 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83

More
The phone was not charging. Brightness at 100%.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread