Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 40,138 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Who has experienced the overheating issue?

Tip us?

Sensamic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
Default Who has experienced the overheating issue?

After playing 25 minutes with a G2 I got a message that the brightness level was going to be automatically reduced to 90% from 100% due to overheating.

This was by just doing basic stuff like web browsing, 2 short YouTube videos, messaging, etc. No gaming at all.

How can the phone overheat just by doing basic stuff?

This reminds me about the overheating issue with the G Pad 8.3 too. LG said they didn't include the Snapdragon 800 due to overheating, and opted instead for the 600.

Who else has experienced the overheating issue? Please explain what where you doing.

crzykiller
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensamic View Post
After playing 25 minutes with a G2 I got a message that the brightness level was going to be automatically reduced to 90% from 100% due to overheating.

This was by just doing basic stuff like web browsing, 2 short YouTube videos, messaging, etc. No gaming at all.

How can the phone overheat just by doing basic stuff?

This reminds me about the overheating issue with the G Pad 8.3 too. LG said they didn't include the Snapdragon 800 due to overheating, and opted instead for the 600.

Who else has experienced the overheating issue? Please explain what where you doing.
I only experienced this when playing Dead Trigger 2 with the Ultra Graphics mod (most demanding game at the moment) and that was after like 15 minutes... it seems for you though that there is a slight problem with your phone, was it charging when doing this?

1ackass
Old
Thanks Meter 107
I had the same problem, the phone would just get randomly hot (as hot as 80°cpu lol), I gave it in for warranty service, it's still sitting there

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current Phone:GOD DAMN G2 -
Evo 3D ;3,Nokia E50; Nokia X3; Nokia 6021; Nokia 6230

markrulesallnow
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Mine gets hot doing various tasks, but I just stop doing them and then it cools down and performance goes back to normal. Also different ROMS have different effects on it.

maddy1439
Old
Thanks Meter 2
mine too heating very quickly,,dont know y,,but facing problem every time,,brightness in 40,when play plants vs zombies 10mins ,its heating too much,,temperature of phone shows 50 degrees C

Glatzi
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy1439 View Post
mine too heating very quickly,,dont know y,,but facing problem every time,,brightness in 40,when play plants vs zombies 10mins ,its heating too much,,temperature of phone shows 50 degrees C
I've not experienced any overheating issues on my phone. It's really getting warm when it's charging and I can imagine that there will be some trouble if you charge your phone and are working with a very CPU demanding app.

Sensamic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 66
The phone was not charging. Brightness at 100%.