HELP!! GS4 Factory Unlock Problem!!!

OP mo_k23

13th April 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
So back in febuary I went from ATT to T-Mobile. With a galaxy s4 ATT provided me an unlock pin popped in my tmobile sim and it was unlocked. Later I had to send in my phone because my camera was malfunctioning.. I asked the rep before sending in my device if I will lose my unlock.. They said no. They repaired the phone.. Replaced the camera and PBA (motherboard) because it was also power cycling. So when I got the phone back I popped in my T-Mobile Sim and it was asking me to enter in the unlock pin.. Luckily I had the same unlock pin from febuary I entered that in and nothing happened I tried it again nothing. so I called Samsung and they said I need to call att and request a new unlock.. Called att requested a new unlock and they provided me with the same unlock pin like the first time. and they said only one unlock pin can be assigned to one IMEI number. called Samsung back and said they can't do anything which is B.S... just paid for this phone.. anyways now my phone is acting up again.. Running slow.. Some of the apps show "unavailable" or not responding. I went to the service menu by doing the *#0011# to try doing an unlock another way but it won't work for me.. one thing I caught was the IMEI CERTI: NA.. Idk if tht has something to do with it? any one have any tips? Or that can help?
13th April 2014, 10:24 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 562

2,946 posts
Donate to Me
More
Is there any way to confirm that the IMEI is the same? It's possible they might have had to swap out the motherboard if it was easier. Check to see if all the #s match between the sticker behind the battery, in the Settings, and when you dial *#06# then see if that's what ATT has on record.
13th April 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

Is there any way to confirm that the IMEI is the same? It's possible they might have had to swap out the motherboard if it was easier. Check to see if all the #s match between the sticker behind the battery, in the Settings, and when you dial *#06# then see if that's what ATT has on record.

Thanks for your reply... I triple checked the IMEI #'s and they are exactly the same.. behind the battery.. settings and dialing all the same exact IMEI prior to sending in the UNIT for repair.. what strikes me the most is trying to do the unlock by going into the service mode and it says IMEI CERTI: NA
14th April 2014, 12:37 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 562

2,946 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo_k23

Thanks for your reply... I triple checked the IMEI #'s and they are exactly the same.. behind the battery.. settings and dialing all the same exact IMEI prior to sending in the UNIT for repair.. what strikes me the most is trying to do the unlock by going into the service mode and it says IMEI CERTI: NA

Hmm. I wondering if they didn't swap the motherboard and write your IMEI to it, but for some reason it didn't transfer the whole EFS (not just the folder, but the stuff in the modem too) contents which include the IMEI Certificate. If that didn't transfer over or have the right permissions then that could explain it... Haven't had to deal with an issue like that though, so can't really say.

You're probably better served maybe asking some questions @ forum.gsmhosting.com as they deal with issues like this more often than most people on XDA. Either way, you're in for a tough fix if that is what happened because not many people know much about this since it is a fairly rare issue.
15th April 2014, 12:20 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

Hmm. I wondering if they didn't swap the motherboard and write your IMEI to it, but for some reason it didn't transfer the whole EFS (not just the folder, but the stuff in the modem too) contents which include the IMEI Certificate. If that didn't transfer over or have the right permissions then that could explain it... Haven't had to deal with an issue like that though, so can't really say.

You're probably better served maybe asking some questions @ forum.gsmhosting.com as they deal with issues like this more often than most people on XDA. Either way, you're in for a tough fix if that is what happened because not many people know much about this since it is a fairly rare issue.

I was wondering that too.. I mean could that be the problem that the IMEI CERTI says : NA? I actually sent my phone back again today.. i wrote a letter along with it explaining my whole situation actually attached a picture of that service mode so they know. I also posted onto gsmhosting.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread