T-Mobile Kit Kat is here!

Tip us?

LOBBS
Old
Thanks Meter 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimgustafson74 View Post
[/COLOR]
Sure, i had to use the TOT method wich is normally for the verizon version but i have a modified TOT file especially made for the D801(Tmobile) version along with a 2.04 gb file which allows me to use the verizon method to downgrade to 4.2.2, root using normal root method, then use FREEGEE to instal twrp, then flash 4.4.2 rom with SUPER SU UPDATE ,then camera mod for 4.4.2. IMPORTANT: when flashing 4.4.2 rom in twrp it will take a while then say FAILED...DONT BELIVE IT, it flashes,just remember to NOT imediately reboot but go back ti INSTALL and flash SU zip (which also says failed), them cam mod(once again says failed) but DOES FLASH.
Man, I'd love to get ahold of more info for this method. My wife and I were switching to T-Mo. She got the G2 and I was waiting on the M8 to switch. Long story short, she didn't like the G2's size and now it's mine. Unfortunately, she put it on KK in the few days she had it.

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jimgustafson74
Old
Thanks Meter 26

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOBBS View Post
Man, I'd love to get ahold of more info for this method. My wife and I were switching to T-Mo. She got the G2 and I was waiting on the M8 to switch. Long story short, she didn't like the G2's size and now it's mine. Unfortunately, she put it on KK in the few days she had it.

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
PM me

demoncamber
Old
(Last edited by demoncamber; 4th April 2014 at 09:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 57
Has anyone noticed decreased battery life after the 4.4 update?
I think I am, unrooted, virgin phone, but I've just gotten the phone yesterday so I cant really compare it to before the update. But it's draining much faster than I expected.

As of right now I'm at:
  • Usage on batt: 5h 24min
  • Expected time to use: +7h 10min
  • Last 3 hours in use: 25%

Also has anyone had any success with getting into the bootloader? Where can I follow the progress?
I created a thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51646677
Let me know if there's a better place to follow!
First learned on: HTC Glacier: myTouch 4G
Sold on swappa:T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II T989 + SGS3 T999L LTE
Current: T-Mo LG G2 D801

lvpoolguy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default rooted d801 with 4.4.2 prompting OTA software update

I just bought this G2 and it came rooted and is running t-mobile's stock rom of 4.4.2. I have nova & xposed installed & working excellent. Since I got it I have had a downloaded/pending software update notification in the tray that won't go away, it's a (149.6 mb size update) which says it's an android software system update from T-mobile. Not sure what its for, but a little nervous click install & reboot since the phone is running smooth and battery is great as is. Is it safe to install or do I run the risk of looping or losing root? If I shouldn't update it, is there a way I can clear or rid the notification tray of the software update prompt and prevent it from coming back? or delete the downloaded update? thx in advance.

ghedoicy
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvpoolguy View Post
I just bought this G2 and it came rooted and is running t-mobile's stock rom of 4.4.2. I have nova & xposed installed & working excellent. Since I got it I have had a downloaded/pending software update notification in the tray that won't go away, it's a (149.6 mb size update) which says it's an android software system update from T-mobile. Not sure what its for, but a little nervous click install & reboot since the phone is running smooth and battery is great as is. Is it safe to install or do I run the risk of looping or losing root? If I shouldn't update it, is there a way I can clear or rid the notification tray of the software update prompt and prevent it from coming back? or delete the downloaded update? thx in advance.
Sounds like you got a return...

Was the box sealed?

-Matt

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

lvpoolguy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghedoicy View Post
Sounds like you got a return...

Was the box sealed?

-Matt

I just purchased it used, it was disclosed to me beforehand that it was rooted & running stock rom 4.4.2

ghedoicy
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvpoolguy View Post
I just purchased it used, it was disclosed to me beforehand that it was rooted & running stock rom 4.4.2
Oh OK. Makes sense.

-Matt

demoncamber
Old
(Last edited by demoncamber; 6th April 2014 at 07:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 57
Does this seem abnormal to anyone? Is anyone getting 40+ hours on a charge after KitKat update? Because I'm getting nothing near that. I'm really trying to figure this out so I know if I need to get a replacement.

Sent from my LG-D801
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1396732967592.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	2670482  
First learned on: HTC Glacier: myTouch 4G
Sold on swappa:T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II T989 + SGS3 T999L LTE
Current: T-Mo LG G2 D801

TheCoutures
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Is ioroot25 able to root the T-Mobile k.K variant now? I looked over the original op page and it appears to be able to now. Can anyone confirm this?

Phone : T-Mobile Branded LG Optimus L9 - P769
ROM : Rooted Stock Jellybean 4.1.2 V20F