FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

[Q] Starting Fresh

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By monkijuan, Junior Member on 14th April 2014, 08:07 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello community, i was wondering if there is a way possible to start fresh (clean slate as when i bought the phone brand new from the store) and then go directly to the newest update Boost Mobile OTA JB 4.2.2 update? My phone keeps asking me if i want to update but i know i cant due to the bootloader not being stock.

Thanks in advance
 
 
14th April 2014, 09:48 AM |#2  
xpirt's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 5,119
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkijuan

Hello community, i was wondering if there is a way possible to start fresh (clean slate as when i bought the phone brand new from the store) and then go directly to the newest update Boost Mobile OTA JB 4.2.2 update? My phone keeps asking me if i want to update but i know i cant due to the bootloader not being stock.

Thanks in advance

So do you receive 4.2.2 OTA and you're on Boost variant?

xpirt
Modding.MyMind
14th April 2014, 11:07 AM |#3  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
@monkijuan

You need to accept the update on your phone but cancel it from updating your phone until a later date.

Then you need to take that update and UPLOAD it on to our forum so we can get our hands on it.

I just got done checking my device for an update and still nothing on my end.

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk
14th April 2014, 01:18 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modding.MyMind

@monkijuan

You need to accept the update on your phone but cancel it from updating your phone until a later date.

Then you need to take that update and UPLOAD it on to our forum so we can get our hands on it.

I just got done checking my device for an update and still nothing on my end.

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

I started to download but it stopped downloading?! Tried multiple times but to no avail. Could have it been a mistake in the network?

I know that 4.2.2 isn't due to come out later on this year.
Modding.MyMind
14th April 2014, 01:20 PM |#5  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkijuan

I started to download but it stopped downloading?! Tried multiple times but to no avail. Could have it been a mistake in the network?

I know that 4.2.2 isn't due to come out later on this year.

Don't know. If it says you have it then it should let you download it. When you accept an ota it gives two options. Either to apply it now or to save it to your device. Can't tell you what is going wrong on your end.

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk
14th April 2014, 01:23 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modding.MyMind

Don't know. If it says you have it then it should let you download it. When you accept an ota it gives two options. Either to apply it now or to save it to your device. Can't tell you what is going wrong on your end.

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

Ill keep on trying and do my best to contribute.

Now that 4.4 may no longer be OTA anymore for the ONE SV only 4.2.2... who knows (fingers crossed)
Modding.MyMind
14th April 2014, 01:34 PM |#7  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkijuan

Ill keep on trying and do my best to contribute.

Now that 4.4 may no longer be OTA anymore for the ONE SV only 4.2.2... who knows (fingers crossed)

If you haven't done this yet then give it a try... Attempt to download the ota while connected to WiFi. Data signal could cause it to abort if weak or unstable during the process.

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------


@monkijuan

There is a ruu for our device now. It will restore you back to stock (4.1.2). If you are S-Off you will not lose it. Should be listed over in @old.splatterhand's index thread.

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

Maybe using that ruu will allow you to properly download the ota and at which point you can immediately share it here for the rest of us boost users.

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th April 2014, 06:20 PM |#8  
palmtree5's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
FWIW, I checked and didn't get anything
Modding.MyMind
15th April 2014, 01:40 AM |#9  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
@monkijuan

Any luck yet?

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes