No registration required

Set ExSD as main storage.

OP Pure+

15th April 2014, 02:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 403

818 posts
More
Is it possible to make your external SD card your main storage source when installing apps and downloadng files?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
15th April 2014, 02:34 AM   |  #2  
Flag Orange County, NY
Thanks Meter: 76

198 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure+

Is it possible to make your external SD card your main storage source when installing apps and downloadng files?

Unfortunately, nope. As far as I can tell, most of that will be fixed once we can root and install the SDFix, but until then...we're SOL. The most you can do right now is use the SD card as the main storage for the camera and music that you transfer to it. For apps, you're limited only to the apps that specifically comply to the new SD restrictions and even then all you can do is move most the app data.
15th April 2014, 02:55 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 403

818 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmuh

Unfortunately, nope. As far as I can tell, most of that will be fixed once we can root and install the SDFix, but until then...we're SOL. The most you can do right now is use the SD card as the main storage for the camera and music that you transfer to it. For apps, you're limited only to the apps that specifically comply to the new SD restrictions and even then all you can do is move most the app data.

Well that's a real downer. =(

15th April 2014, 03:00 AM   |  #4  
Flag Orange County, NY
Thanks Meter: 76

198 posts
More
Yeah, definitely sucks. I'm using doubleTwist as my music/podcast app and it won't let me use the SD card as my main storage. So now I have to go through the annoying task of manually moving the downloaded podcasts to my SD card. Not really that annoying, but it's just an extra step that I shouldn't need to do
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread