WhatsApp Decides to Protect Your Data

When Facebook bought WhatsApp for the absurdly large sum of $19b back in February, they took the tech … more

Bring Back LTE on the Google Nexus 4 Running Lollipop

One of the predecessors of the latest, largest, and greatest Gooogle Nexus 6(theGoogle … more

Google Maps, My Maps, YouTube, Androidify, Slides, Music Updated–Here’s What’s New

In the last few weeks, Google has been … more

SuperSU BETA: Root Android Lollipop on Stock Kernel

Up until now, if you wanted to get root on Android 5.0, you needed to flash a modified … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] will i lose root while upgrading to 12.1.A.1.201 from 12.1.A.0.266?

OP wakoko79

11th April 2014, 05:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

48 posts
Hi,
I'm currently running stock 4.3 (12.1.A.0.266). My phone is ROOTED, but have LOCKED BOOTLOADER. I have
My question is simple: will I lose root? Or any apps/data/sms/etc for that matter?

I just don't want to do all the stuff all over again. 12.1.A.0.266 is buggy but still is tolerable. >.>
11th April 2014, 05:53 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 63

260 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakoko79

Hi,
I'm currently running stock 4.3 (12.1.A.0.266). My phone is ROOTED, but have LOCKED BOOTLOADER. I have
My question is simple: will I lose root? Or any apps/data/sms/etc for that matter?

I just don't want to do all the stuff all over again. 12.1.A.0.266 is buggy but still is tolerable. >.>

Yes, you'll lose root if you update via OTA or flashing stock.
However, I think OTA does not wipe data, so you'll probably have your data. Do back them up just in case (can't remember since it's been a while since I last update via OTA ).

If you want rooted .201, install either of these roms:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2704312
(v1.1 looks and works like 201)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2658043
(v2 is a much "improved" version of the above)

I have installed the first one and loved it.
A few days ago I installed the second one and loved it even more.

Whatever you do, do a nandroid backup of your .266 (and preferably, add titanium backup of your apps and data/sms/contacts)
The Following User Says Thank You to headache59 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2014, 09:28 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Unhappy my mobile vibrating only after reboot!!!!!
My mobile was a rooted onewith .266 verson and i was trying to put the new rom and screwup!! ias you told i installe i downloaded the new rom v2 and super user,and dual recovery files... i ectracted from sd card all as you tol one by one ...while reboot...i saw sony logo and vibrating freequently only...not opening....!!!!!!!!!!! i tried to reset..same thing.....screwed up?!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by headache59

Yes, you'll lose root if you update via OTA or flashing stock.
However, I think OTA does not wipe data, so you'll probably have your data. Do back them up just in case (can't remember since it's been a while since I last update via OTA ).

If you want rooted .201, install either of these roms:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2704312
(v1.1 looks and works like 201)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2658043
(v2 is a much "improved" version of the above)

I have installed the first one and loved it.
A few days ago I installed the second one and loved it even more.

Whatever you do, do a nandroid backup of your .266 (and preferably, add titanium backup of your apps and data/sms/contacts)

14th April 2014, 08:37 AM   |  #4  

260 posts
Yup - screwed up somewhere in the process but no worries.
The process is almost the same way you got your .266 root.

To get new root and recoveries:
a. Flashtool - choose .257, then follow prompt to hook in your usb cable while pressing the Vol-down button
b. Once complete, close flashtool, unplug your device and reboot device
c. Once loaded and past the minor set up, turn on usb debugging and check "unknown sources" (all under settings)
d. Assuming you have all adb drivers installed (through flashtool installation), hook up your device to the PC and install Doomlord's exploit V18 and recoveries

Install new root 201
Boot into recoveries and flash the said .201 rom+SU+recovery (all zip files) using TWRP. Make sure you wipe cache/dalvik cache/data first. After flashing the zip files, select reboot from TWRP, and let the phone run a bit as it sets itself up (android and sony) during the booting process.

Note:

Ultimate purexsp V2.1 zip is simply an update file (not the full rom) - don't flash this one yet.
Somewhere within the thread you'll find the V2 full rom <663MB in size (as seen in my ext SD card). Flash this one and ignore the other versions

Edit:
Here it is:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=423
Last edited by headache59; 14th April 2014 at 08:45 AM.
14th April 2014, 12:00 PM   |  #5  

9 posts
Sign stucked on SONY cant open...!!!
Again >> i tried to flash with XperiaSP_C530X_12.0.A.1.257_KernelOnly.ftf file but same thing..after flashing when iam switching on..its stuck on the SONY.... not moving foeward.!!!!!!! give me solution...if its open i can do somthing...

one more can i flash directly with your v2?V2 full rom <663MB or i will flash first with v1 then v2? plz clerify..

Quote:
Originally Posted by headache59

Yup - screwed up somewhere in the process but no worries.
The process is almost the same way you got your .266 root.

To get new root and recoveries:
a. Flashtool - choose .257, then follow prompt to hook in your usb cable while pressing the Vol-down button
b. Once complete, close flashtool, unplug your device and reboot device
c. Once loaded and past the minor set up, turn on usb debugging and check "unknown sources" (all under settings)
d. Assuming you have all adb drivers installed (through flashtool installation), hook up your device to the PC and install Doomlord's exploit V18 and recoveries

Install new root 201
Boot into recoveries and flash the said .201 rom+SU+recovery (all zip files) using TWRP. Make sure you wipe cache/dalvik cache/data first. After flashing the zip files, select reboot from TWRP, and let the phone run a bit as it sets itself up (android and sony) during the booting process.

Note:

Ultimate purexsp V2.1 zip is simply an update file (not the full rom) - don't flash this one yet.
Somewhere within the thread you'll find the V2 full rom <663MB in size (as seen in my ext SD card). Flash this one and ignore the other versions

Edit:
Here it is:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=423

14th April 2014, 08:09 PM   |  #6  

9 posts
Thanks!!! done
Finally its done..!!!!!! i dont know wht i did..finally everythings allright..!!!: victory:

Quote:
Originally Posted by babugd

Again >> i tried to flash with XperiaSP_C530X_12.0.A.1.257_KernelOnly.ftf file but same thing..after flashing when iam switching on..its stuck on the SONY.... not moving foeward.!!!!!!! give me solution...if its open i can do somthing...

one more can i flash directly with your v2?V2 full rom <663MB or i will flash first with v1 then v2? plz clerify..

15th April 2014, 03:37 AM   |  #7  

260 posts
Congratz and enjoy the new fantastic rooted rom!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bugfix update xperia sp
Previous Thread Next Thread