Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 41,080 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen Mirroring is broken in KitKat ROMs becuase of Root!

Tip us?

devilsdouble
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 74
Default Screen Mirroring is broken in KitKat ROMs becuase of Root!

So toady I found out why Screen Mirroring is broken on KitKat ROMs. It's because of root. Today I wiped my phone to flash the latest 4.4.2 ROM, and after it was installed I checked the Screen Mirroring feature, and it was working all fine, but then as soon as I rooted the device, it doesn't work anymore!

I rooted at first via CF Auto root. Then wiped the device again and rooted via the Philz method posted here, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2655544

But the result is same. Screen Mirroring doesn't work. So is there anyone who is rooted here, on a 4.4.2 ROM, using an i9500, and for whom Screen Mirroring works?

I have never got a constructive reply in this regard ever. People don't use that feature or what?

killyouridols
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Yeah. We know. If you have a good Google and a poke around XDA, You'll find the file you need and where to put it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrynalyne View Post
As rooted users we have additional options.

Stock users are going to get backdoored without vaseline.
Phone: <Insert Phone model here, not name, so people know how intelligent you are>
ROM : <Pick one. Chances are I'm on it or have been and its been long deleted>
Kernel: <Insert most popular one here and un-needed numbers such as "V12.3.535">

devilsdouble
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by killyouridols View Post
Yeah. We know. If you have a good Google and a poke around XDA, You'll find the file you need and where to put it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app
Well I am unaware of that. As far as I have seen no one knows the solution! So if you could please enlighten me it will be much appreciated. I have tried this topic, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2621550 Didn't do any good.