Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,554 Members 36,257 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

headphone jack shorting out???

Tip us?

evilbeef54
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 74
Default headphone jack shorting out???

ok so not sure if it is a water issue or what, i took the phone in the shower this morning, had my music player going, and hell it is supposed to be water resistant right? well a few hours later i noticed that the "headphones connected" icon was on and my music player was going (no sound obviously since it thinks headphones are connected) it keeps coming back on and every time it does it thinks headphones are connected and starts to run my music player..... could this be a water issue, not thinking so, we all saw videos of these things in a pool, maybe software related?
Sprint Rooted Mogul Evo Evo3d GS3 GS4 GS5 (Sorry Sprint 13 years is enough)
VERIZON GS5

IF SOMEONE'S POST HELPS YOU PLEASE HIT THE THANKS BUTTON

evilbeef54
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 74
Anyone tested the water resistance, did it work fine after that or did you have any issues? The problem seems to have corrected it self now, I hope, just don't know if it was from the water or something else
VERIZON GS5

pizzlewizzle
Old
(Last edited by pizzlewizzle; 14th April 2014 at 12:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbeef54 View Post
Anyone tested the water resistance, did it work fine after that or did you have any issues? The problem seems to have corrected it self now, I hope, just don't know if it was from the water or something else
haven't tested water resistance personally but did you see this thread ---> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2716266 ?

EDIT: NVM i see that you posted in there

evilbeef54
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 74
Yeah, I just saw that too, very disappointing, that headphone jack issue is a BIG problem, battery drain and functionality hit hard
VERIZON GS5

ChaddyPaddy
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Well, that wraps up my debate on whether or not to test the water-resistance feature....

evilbeef54
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaddyPaddy View Post
Well, that wraps up my debate on whether or not to test the water-resistance feature....
yeah, i mean it is nice that it is waterresistant, incase you spill something on it, but it thinking you have headphones plugged in, turning on the mp3 player, and not letting me use the speaker was a bit of a buzz kill
VERIZON GS5