headphone jack shorting out???

OP evilbeef54

13th April 2014, 01:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77

301 posts
ok so not sure if it is a water issue or what, i took the phone in the shower this morning, had my music player going, and hell it is supposed to be water resistant right? well a few hours later i noticed that the "headphones connected" icon was on and my music player was going (no sound obviously since it thinks headphones are connected) it keeps coming back on and every time it does it thinks headphones are connected and starts to run my music player..... could this be a water issue, not thinking so, we all saw videos of these things in a pool, maybe software related?
13th April 2014, 11:52 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

301 posts
Anyone tested the water resistance, did it work fine after that or did you have any issues? The problem seems to have corrected it self now, I hope, just don't know if it was from the water or something else
14th April 2014, 12:30 AM   |  #3  
New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 195

360 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbeef54

Anyone tested the water resistance, did it work fine after that or did you have any issues? The problem seems to have corrected it self now, I hope, just don't know if it was from the water or something else

haven't tested water resistance personally but did you see this thread ---> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2716266 ?

EDIT: NVM i see that you posted in there
Last edited by pizzlewizzle; 14th April 2014 at 12:34 AM.
14th April 2014, 12:36 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

301 posts
Yeah, I just saw that too, very disappointing, that headphone jack issue is a BIG problem, battery drain and functionality hit hard
15th April 2014, 12:01 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 6

11 posts
More
Well, that wraps up my debate on whether or not to test the water-resistance feature....
15th April 2014, 02:48 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

301 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaddyPaddy

Well, that wraps up my debate on whether or not to test the water-resistance feature....

yeah, i mean it is nice that it is waterresistant, incase you spill something on it, but it thinking you have headphones plugged in, turning on the mp3 player, and not letting me use the speaker was a bit of a buzz kill
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread