Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] new to this, help with huawei G510

OP bigyellowfish

12th April 2014, 01:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
hi all sorry if this is in the wrong place, I have just rooted my first ever phone huawei G510 and what I would like to do is add a new rom, can anyone please tell me how to do this please I was looking at the iphone huawei g510 custom rom thank you guys for your time
14th April 2014, 01:37 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigyellowfish

hi all sorry if this is in the wrong place, I have just rooted my first ever phone huawei G510 and what I would like to do is add a new rom, can anyone please tell me how to do this please I was looking at the iphone huawei g510 custom rom thank you guys for your time

anyone please ??
14th April 2014, 02:07 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 591

3,106 posts
Donate to Me
More
Congrats on the new phone and root! Now, what method did you use to root? Have you unlocked the bootloader as well? Have you installed a custom recovery? Do you have everything backed up? It will be reset with the new rom.

Looks like there is a lot more action for this phone over @ Modaco forums. http://www.modaco.com/forum/743-huaw...0-development/
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th April 2014, 03:38 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
[QUOTE=es0tericcha0s;51883155]Congrats on the new phone and root! Now, what method did you use to root? Have you unlocked the bootloader as well? Have you installed a custom recovery? Do you have everything backed up? It will be reset with the new rom.

Looks like there is a lot more action for this phone over

thank you so much for taking the time to reply

(1) what method did you use to root - not to sure I have superSU on screen and when I chack root checker it says fhone is rooted

(2) Have you unlocked the bootloader - yes bootloader was unlocked with DC-Unlocker client

(3) Have you installed a custom recovery - no not to sure on how to do this

(4) Do you have everything backed up - no not to sure how to do also. have tried to do backup with TWRP manager but reboots phone to a boot screen ??

thank you for taking the time in reading my post
15th April 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 591

3,106 posts
Donate to Me
More
[QUOTE=bigyellowfish;51911840]
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

Congrats on the new phone and root! Now, what method did you use to root? Have you unlocked the bootloader as well? Have you installed a custom recovery? Do you have everything backed up? It will be reset with the new rom.

Looks like there is a lot more action for this phone over

thank you so much for taking the time to reply

(1) what method did you use to root - not to sure I have superSU on screen and when I chack root checker it says fhone is rooted

(2) Have you unlocked the bootloader - yes bootloader was unlocked with DC-Unlocker client

(3) Have you installed a custom recovery - no not to sure on how to do this

(4) Do you have everything backed up - no not to sure how to do also. have tried to do backup with TWRP manager but reboots phone to a boot screen ??

thank you for taking the time in reading my post

Well, depends on if you need or want to back up anything. There are tons of backup apps in the Play Store and depending on how much and what you need to save, some options are better than others.

For recovery: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/170

If you use the GooManager app, I believe it has an option to reboot to recovery as well. In recovery, make sure to backup your current rom and follow the directions in the post of the rom you are looking at for install instructions.
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread