Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,970 Members 48,886 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

To root or not, that is the question

Tip us?

ilatimer1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default To root or not, that is the question

So I am thinking about rooting my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, but I have a question I hope someone can help me with. If I root my tablet and flash CleanRom on it, can I go back to stock rom if I want? The reason I ask is that I cannot seem to find the SM-T320 US stock rom. I see a lot of other countries, but not US.

Thanks

fusionx86
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I found this previously and believe it should work but I haven't tried it yet myself http://nasirtech.blogspot.com/2014/0...alaxy-tab.html. That is the same ROM my US 8.4 came with. I'm running CleanROM currently and it's fabulous!

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

VeEuzUKY
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Any suggestions on how to root an 8.4 LTE? I just got mine in Hong Kong and see positively NO info on how to get this rooted.. I should have done research before buying the Tab.. no root for me, positively useless Tab..

Brendo
Old
Thanks Meter 506

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeEuzUKY View Post
Any suggestions on how to root an 8.4 LTE? I just got mine in Hong Kong and see positively NO info on how to get this rooted.. I should have done research before buying the Tab.. no root for me, positively useless Tab..
Just use cfautoroot
There is a rooting thread hiding away here somewhere with steps, but pretty much just flash the file with odin
Samsung Galaxy S IV (i9505) | 16GB
[ROM: Stock KK 4.4.2 | XXUFNC9 | MODEM GSM/LTE: XXUEML4/XXUFMC9 | BL: PRE-KNOX | K: ADAM | RECOVERY: PhilZ]
DOMINATION | XPOSED

OTHER DEVICES:

Google Nexus 5 | 32GB
Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 (P7310) | 32Gb
[ROM: CM10.2 | CPU: 1.4ghz]
Samsung Galaxy TabPro 10.1 LTE (T525) | 16Gb

Pebble (Kickstarter)
Galaxy Gear (Null_)
Gear Live ()
Google Glass (Explorer)

--------
My Android Downloads