Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,675 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

For those coming from the galaxy line.

Tip us?

djjroc007
Old
Thanks Meter 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron130 View Post
I've had every Galaxy since the very first one to the GS4 and I wanted to try something different and I am GLAD I did!! Even little things like just holding the phone in your hand it is so well made, and it is FAST!! As far as the camera complaints I DO NOT see what these people are talking about because I think the camera is GREAT!!! Unless you plan on using the camera as a wedding photographer then maybe not,lol. But I highly recommend this phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pretty much this. Had the OG Epic and the GS3. Wanted something different, plus the front speakers and having the charging and headphone jacks on the same end were huge selling points for me. Was leary off the camera, but so far it's great. 4mp is plenty for regular 4x6 prints. Those high mega pixels are really only better if you plan on blowing up pictures to poster size. And I would imagine, that if you were in need of pictures for something like that, you'd want to use an actual camera and not a phone camera of any type....lol

Only complaint I really have are the amount of useless icons in the status bar. What a mess! Hopefully that is something that can be fixed with future software updates. I couldn't care less about the spark icon, and do we really need a constant GPS icon whether it's on or off? Dumb...

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app

metalfan78
Old
Thanks Meter 1461
Yea, I've never seen such a cluttered status bar.

E The Magnificent
Old
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfan78 View Post
Yea, I've never seen such a cluttered status bar.
I can't stand that bar either

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

E The Magnificent
Old
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 139
Major complaint for me. The phone don't display the location of the area code you're calling or being called from. I really miss that feature hopefully HTC will give that back to us

dreDrennon1
Old
Thanks Meter 308

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron130 View Post
I've had every Galaxy since the very first one to the GS4 and I wanted to try something different and I am GLAD I did!! Even little things like just holding the phone in your hand it is so well made, and it is FAST!! As far as the camera complaints I DO NOT see what these people are talking about because I think the camera is GREAT!!! Unless you plan on using the camera as a wedding photographer then maybe not,lol. But I highly recommend this phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I was going to pretty much post the exact same thing you did lol but you saved me from having to do I hit the thanks button

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Knoxraid V3 KitKat 4.4.2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dreDrennon1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djjroc007
Old
Thanks Meter 312
Ahhhh....status bar off peace. Those feels when you're status bar is no longer cluttered. Thank you Viper Rom!

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1397410434861.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	2684073  

smooth703
Old
Thanks Meter 100
i started out with htc's after jumping from blackberry while back went with samsung for yrs after the evo 3d last samsung owned was the note 3 which i felt had no good roms felt like samsung was dead. HTC from what i can remember always had great dev's and constant roms so i jumped back so far was a good choice less gimmicks just a great phone
HTC Evo 4G: - Sold
HTC Evo 3D: - Gave Away
HTC Evo 4G Again: - Retired
Samsung Galaxy SII: - Retired until sold
Samsung Galaxy SIII - Passed on to my GF- Broken
Samsung Galaxy SIV - Passed on to my GF
Samsung Galaxy Note II - Passed on to my Cousin
Samsung Galaxy Note III - Sold
HTC One M8 - Returned
Samsung Galaxy S5 - Traded
Lg G2 - Rooted - OpTimuS DE V2.3{Furnace Kernel}{Stock Optimized}

BrandoKC
Old
Thanks Meter 287

DONATE TO ME
I'm so sick of TW I decided to come back to HTC. I don't want to have to root and go to AOSP if I choose not. TW is such a hog and visual abortion that I couldn't in good conscience go to the band aid phone from my S4.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app